Page 1 of 53 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Completion Thread: 2014 (Goals of Your Mind)

1. Completion Thread: 2014 (Goals of Your Mind)

I plan to play more games this year, and hope to finish more than 2 games like I did in 2013. Let's get this shit going.

2. I'm on a Doom kick lately. I just beat Doom 64. It was okay, but way too easy.

Currently slugging it through Brutal Doom v19. Now we're talkin'!

3. Remember Me - I liked it overall, but it was entirely carried on theme. The memory remixing was a pretty minor thing and felt forgotten about for most of the game in favor of average action/adventure gameplay. I had been hoping for something more along the lines of missions where you try to reach an objective, carry out a remix, and then escape again. It's good as a playable movie but leaves a lot to be desired as a game. Since they're very helpful with their information and label each chapter with exactly how many of each collectible there is I might 100% it, since it's short and easy enough that I could probably knock out the rest in a few hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    Currently slugging it through Brutal Doom v19. Now we're talkin'!
    Brutal Doom makes other Dooms look sterile. Not sure how I feel about the new blood pools he's implementing, but the head spray looks pretty great.

4. Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds :

First Zelda I finished since the original. Needless to say, I dug it. The bosses were too easy but the game was fun.

5. I finished up all the extra endings in Nier. Ending D is the best... I spent 50 hours doing eeeeeverything except the majority of weapons upgrades (involves a shitload of rare drops that would take hours of running back and forth) and some trophy crap: all the sidequests, all fishing, got the lunar tear to grow. Once you figure out where everything is, you could probably finish the entire thing in under 10 hours.
    what i'm REALLY surprised about upon watching the intro sequence (the one that starts with "WEISS, YOU DUMBASS") is that they show SOOOOO many spoilers before you even play the game, like stuff that occurs in the last few minutes of the story. I really only remembered Kainé getting impaled when i actually played through, but i wish i hadn't even seen that!
    Donk

6. So I should get off my butt and do the other endings? I only got Ending A. I remember reading there was some weird thing about needing to quit out of the game and then reload immediately after one of the endings, or else it auto-saves, and then you have to play through again to get the final ending. Stresses me out and I'm afraid to seek specifics lest I stumble upon spoilerz.

7. 2nd playthrough is super recommended, and like the 1st it'll start you at the last 1/3rd of the game. You need all the weapons to get ending C and can only get it after ending B. It's pretty easy to do and really doesn't take long. There's a single sequence of quests you'll have to go through to get one, but it's interesting at least. After that, the hardest one to get is from a super late quest, but ending B gives it to you even if you don't go for it. Make sure you save ending D for after you've seen everything you want to see. That might be the one you're reading about.

So the only one that does anything where you'd have to quit really quickly is ending D, (or you could save to a thumb drive or memory card) and it tells you repeatedly what's going to happen before it happens. You can't miss it. I was afraid i would, but the game really won't let you get it by accident.
    Donk

8. Quote Originally Posted by Compass View Post
    So I should get off my butt and do the other endings? I only got Ending A.
    Absolutely. You've only seen maybe half the story after the first playthrough. It gets substantially more somber from there. You start from where Kaine gets turned to stone, so thankfully you don't have to slog all the way through each time.

1.) DmC Devil May Cry (PC)

I'm still surprised by how much fun I ended up having with this. Combat felt a bit stilted after I acquired the angel/demon weapons, but once I got a handle on smoothly switching between them it became more fluid and enjoyable. Some of the craziest environments in the series, too. SoS is next!

Also, the Bob Barbas fight was seriously fucking cool.

9. Quote Originally Posted by No One View Post
    Also, the Bob Barbas fight was seriously fucking cool.
    I knew that would be in the spoiler tags. One of the coolest boss fights I've seen in years. No one can deny how well done that fight and presentation was.

10. Link to the Past-

I NEVER DID THAT BEFORE and this time was just a weird accident when i was dashing into the final fight with Ganon

Pretty cool, MAGICAL even for the first five or six, maybe seven dungeons, but it gets kind of old by like dungeon TEN or ELEVEN. This was the first time i got every item and heart piece though. Four point Five Tingles, would recommend
    Donk