Page 42 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2838404142434446 ... LastLast

Thread: Completion Thread: 2014 (Goals of Your Mind)

1. Finch is real mad. I got annoyed with P3's music too, but I never felt like so miserable.

2. I SPACE OUT
    I HOLD TROUT
    I BITCH INTO THE TOOTH
    OH MY THOSE SISSIES
    ALL THE HOMO MEN ARE GAY

3. What sucks is that when Shoji Meguro isn't trying to be a pop star, he's actually a really good composer.

4. DKCTF
    Really great game, just the right amount of tough platforming. Sat this on the shelf for some reason after release, burnt through it on vacation.

5. I can only register that as Donkey Kong Capture the Flag.

6. Don King's Crystal Torpedo Fedora

7. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411694383.339035.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	199.1 KB 
ID:	75143

8. 28. Halo Reach

Destiny put me in the mood for something better and this popped up on Live. I played a lot of it in 2010 and got pretty far into the campaign on Heroic but didn't finish it at the time, so I wrapped it up today. Awesome game. Really brutal near the end. Halo's cast of enemies will probably always be fun to fight against, regardless of how weak the map design gets. Pretty cool post-credits segment, too.

9. Halo Reach was pretty good, I agree. I just didn't like the MP. I want to get through ODST before the MCC comes out - that game is really good.

10. 72. Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds

Played with all characters. An admirable beat em up, fated with some repetition as the genre invites, but there's a decent skill system and some cancelling mechanics to keep things at a moderate level of challenge. Long-range for life, used the priestess using a halberd.

73. Azure Striker: Gunvolt

[Almost] All S Ranks. Pretty fun. Like Tain, I also found the random super power/anime girl/theme song playing when you die seems to go against the whole excitement of MMZ games to reach high ranks and play perfectly. Is this literally an MMZ game? No, but I still say it is a valiant MMZ7 entry. Love the character. Working on getting everything in the game right now. The crafting stuff is a little underwhelming, though.

74. Contra Rebirth

Far more detailed than I would expect. It feels just. A classic game with some modern gaming graphics and trickery, it looks great and I had a blast. I think the elevator shaft insect boss gave me the most trouble but aside that it was pretty great.

75. F-Zero

All Tracks. Cousins and I used to play this all the time. Could never finish the last cup growing up. Death Wind is still a pain in the butt.

76. Starfox

All Routes. Great. I made sure Slippy died as often as possible. Game's a lot trickier towards the last third than I remember it. 100% runs.

77. Ninja Warriors

I rented this so many times growing up but I never beat it. That changed today [technically not today, but the day the gf had a girl...shindig thing...I just fired up the SNES in the bedroom]. Dope. Kamaitachi is still my favourite for his swivelling arm combos. Chak, chak...chakchakchakchak.

78. TMNT: Turtles in Time

While they were sipping on wine and chuckling stuff like 'Qurrrl' I also fired up TMNT: Turtles in Time and beat it in one swoop. My cousin owned the game when we were growing up but would always insist we play on Hard with the least lives/continues possible. And it didn't last long. Was gravy when I finally did it on my own (and realized the extra credit every ~300 points I believe). Was hard to focus with him screaming at the TV each time...really great.

79. Velocity 2X

Platinum. Top first three plats in Canada, I think. 50 Gold Medals, all Perfect. Really great. Was actually my 2nd most anticipated game this year (Bayo 2 being the easy #1 choice) and it exceeded all of my expectations. Their design and philosophies are super tight and it's a fair and elegant marriage between both gameplay and themes. I could write pages on what they did write, but they more or less did it for us on their blog. Worth a read or two.

80. First Light

Started out pretty slow, but I ended up liking it more than Second Son by the end of it. More bang for your buck, I think. Looks gorgeous and Photo Mode makes that even more obvious (took like 90 photos toying with aperture and lens settings).

81. Muramasa Rebirth: Hell Is Where the Heart Is

Perverted monk proposes to Momohime while she's on a break in the critical path eyes closed (struck in awe by her). Unexpectedly doesn't notice her walking away and a demon believes she's being courted and agrees. Playing as Rajyaki and switching between Child (axe), Adult (spiked bat) and Demon/Deity (super mode) form is nuts. The most fun DLC by far, even if it was a little short, she is easily the most fun of the four DLC character types to play (with the nekomata being a quick second).