Page 50 of 53 FirstFirst ... 36464849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: Completion Thread: 2014 (Goals of Your Mind)

Bayonetta 2
    Awesome but it's a little too focused on epic boss fights. A bit more exploring/platforming would have been nice but I can't complain too much. I would have bought this for Bayonetta 1 alone since I don't plan on getting another 360.

2. Megaman ZX Advent

Amazing. Much better than the first one and the next one (Gunvolt). The biggest problem with even the best Megaman games is that they give you little reason to use secondary weapons outside of boss fights. This game gives you plenty of reasons to switch it up, the most compelling of which is Because It Feels Good.

Expert Mode's difficulty and speed are right in line with the original Zero trilogy's. Too bad you have to unlock it.

2014 Total:
    1. Mario 3D Land
    2. Zelda: LBW
    3. Ducktales Remastered
    4. PC Genjin (PS2)
    5. Cookie & Cream
    6. Shovel Knight
    7. Mario 3D World
    8. Megaman ZX Advent

This is Tuesday for Rocca.
    Last edited by A Robot Bit Me; 21 Dec 2014 at 12:52 AM.

3. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    The biggest problem with even the best Megaman games is that they give you little reason to use secondary weapons outside of boss fights.
    This is one of the things Mega Man 9 really got right, IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. 36. GUN-DEC

Famicom game, pretty similar in style to Ninja Ryukenden (mechanically) and Batman (visually) but with two little crosshair shooter stages and two little top-down car shooter stages thrown in. It's a cool game, with pretty backgrounds, dark cutscenes, and some sweet boss battles (especially that final one), but the stages are kinda weak. Very short and not very focused. Very forgettable music, too. It's pretty understandable that it isn't really held in the same regard as other classic Famicom action platformers.

I really like it! It has some neat ideas.

I like the visual of jumping on and running along the length of a girder a werewolf just threw.

6. And you get to run with your head down by holding down+forward, which I didn't know until the final stage lol

Yeah! And you climb ladders all sideways.

See, it's a great game.

Nowadays I think it's one of the NES' better games but back when it first came out, I was too burned out on that style of action game to really get into it. It was released after all three Ninja Gaidens not to mention many other similar games.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Tain View Post
    36. GUN-DEC

Famicom game, pretty similar in style to Ninja Ryukenden (mechanically) and Batman (visually) but with two little crosshair shooter stages and two little top-down car shooter stages thrown in. It's a cool game, with pretty backgrounds, dark cutscenes, and some sweet boss battles (especially that final one), but the stages are kinda weak. Very short and not very focused. Very forgettable music, too. It's pretty understandable that it isn't really held in the same regard as other classic Famicom action platformers.
    Did this come out after Snatcher?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	450027-snatcher-pc-88-screenshot-your-new-blaster-it-is-unbelievably.png 
Views:	112 
Size:	15.8 KB 
ID:	75735
    Last edited by YellerDog; 22 Dec 2014 at 12:50 AM. Reason: actually yes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

10. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Did this come out after Snatcher?
    Yeah, 3 years after the MSX version and 3 years before the Sega CD one.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in