Page 39 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2535373839404143 ... LastLast

Thread: Completion Thread: 2014 (Goals of Your Mind)

1. It's a lot easier, and when you mess up it doesn't make you start over from the beginning or the last save.
    I really enjoyed it more on 3DS, but maybe that's just because it's where i played it first. Put the series wherever they want as long as it means more are coming, just keep making the games good.
    Donk

2. I played the demo on 3DS when it first game out, so it's not really about what I played it on first, it's just the allure of a bigger, higher resolution screen, and the interface translates well too.
    But then I'm someone who doesn't like the 3D effects on 3DS so that sort of cancels out that version's main selling point. They're pretty close otherwise.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 17 Sep 2014 at 04:10 PM.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Ironically, Diff's comparison makes me want to return to TF2, where there are still achievements to be had. Yes, I know how horrible that is.
    We got 4 or 5 NeN that play TF2 in the mornings if you are so inclined. You will win and you will get cheeves.

Which mornings and what time? I prefer that to late nights.

5. Mornings?

Is that the part of the day where I'm ingesting caffeine constantly in an attempt to function? I don't really remember that part of the day.

7. Assassin's Creed (PS3)
    I'm finally getting around to the AC series, starting from the beginning. There was a lot of tedium and the controls took some getting used to. The complete lack of subtitles was boggling. But there's a good idea and a great game buried in there. Also, it was clearly not optimized for SONY PLAYSTATION 3.

Murdered: Soul Suspect (PS4)
    I came in expecting a certain type of experience, and I wasn't disappointed. Now just take away the unnecessary demon extermination sequences, and we'll really be onto something.

Beyond: Two Souls (PS3)
    Cage didn't completely drop the ball at the end, and all the stuff that made Fahrenheit/Heavy Rain a joy is present. That's progress.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS)
    Finally paid off my house with every possible expansion, so I'm ready to stick a fork in it. While it's easily the best AC since the Cube version, I found myself wanting more. More stuff to do in town, more ways to interact with others, more meaningful relationships with the residents of Otisburg (yes, Otisburg). And yet, if I haven't sunk 100 hours into this game over the past year, it's gotta be pretty damn close. So I think wanting more at this point is sort of the highest compliment I can pay.

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (3DS)
    I loved the original Luigi's Mansion, save for the fact that it was far too short. And I thoroughly enjoyed this sequel. Funny, then, that around the halfway mark I was so eager for it to end. It felt like I hit a wall and it just became the same thing mission after mission. Wash, rinse, repeat. And given my penchant for JRPGs, I don't need Alanis to point out the irony here.

Assassin't Creed II (PS3)
    Now that's more like it! Subtitles, a more interesting setting, an enjoyable protagonist, less jibber-jabber from my marks… I can't wait to play the next one.

PS4
    Flower
    Infamous: Second Son
    Tomb Raider
    Murdered: Soul Suspect

PS3
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
    South Park: The Stick of Truth
    Saints Row IV
    The Last of Us: Left Behind
    Assassin's Creed
    Beyond: Two Souls
    Assassin's Creed II

3DS
    Gunman Clive
    Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies
    Picross e4
    Bravely Default
    The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
    Animal Crossing: New Leaf
    Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

PSV
    Gravity Rush
    Guacamelee

DS
    Escape Trick: Convenience Store

PSP
    The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky

iOS
    Jazz: Trump's Adventure

PC
    Serena
    Gone Home
    Fahrenheit
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    Assassin's Creed (PS3)
    I'm finally getting around to the AC series, starting from the beginning. There was a lot of tedium and the controls took some getting used to. The complete lack of subtitles was boggling. But there's a good idea and a great game buried in there. Also, it was clearly not optimized for SONY PLAYSTATION 3.
    Don't worry, they'll remove the best part for the sequel.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

9. 27. D4

Very cool game. It's more charming than and at least as weird as Deadly Premonition, but the point and click format allows this game to simply stick to the good stuff (instead of boring you with garbage action scenes and cross-town driving). Season one isn't the longest, but I was really surprised at how dense it is. Tons of things to look at and read and collect, many of which are actually interesting, and even the QTEs are very well-done. Not much in the way of puzzle difficulty, but I didn't really mind. I really hope we get more of this.

10. I want to play D4 so badly, but not enough to buy an Xbone. Hopefully a director's cut makes its way to PS4 or PC in a year or two, kinda like what we saw with Deadly Premonition.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.