Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Raiden IV OverKill & Caladrius (PS3)

1. I think I've played Twin, Gaiden, and Burst. Burst PSP was okay. It seems to be a series that exists just for fish bosses and big-screen gimmicks.

2. I've got Raiden IV sitting here for the 360. Played it maybe 3 times and it didn't grab me at all, despite having liked Raiden quite a bit in the past. Is it better than I remember it, because I remember it being washed-out boring.

James

3. R-Type Final wasn't really worth playing and Twinklestar wasn't as good as the original. Darius Burst was fitting under this gen (which I'm now realizing is last gen, lol) in my head. I was definitely forgetting about some huge DC ports for some reason, though, so I'll take it back for now.

But the non-Cave stuff this past gen doesn't get enough credit. Raiden IV, Raiden Fighters/Raiden Fighters II/Raiden Fighters Jet, Sky Stage, Eschatos, Strania, Mamoro-kun, Shikigami no Shiro 3, some others. They're not all exactly Ikaruga/Mars Matrix/Gunbird 2/Border Down level stuff, but they're good enough that they shouldn't be ignored.
    Last edited by Tain; 05 Jan 2014 at 12:52 PM.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    JAMESTOWN
    Yes, I'd buy that again if it came to PS3.

Gradius Gaiden is one I'd like to see get an HD remake, along with Xexex. Shame that the PS1 GG didn't see its own release outside of PSP Gradius Collection (playable on Vita, but NOT PS3).

I'll have to play devil's advocate on TFVI. TFIV is still undefeated in the series, but TFVI is alright in gameplay and the length is about the same as TF III's. The soundtrack is still very good- with Tamayo Kawamoto & Go Sato on the BGM team. For something really bad, try Broken Thunder for PC with its bland polygonal models, rock-bottom difficulty, and boring stage designs. Good soundtrack by none other than Hyakutaro Tsukumo, but BT doesn't deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus
    Gradius V was alright, did it ever hit PSN?
    No, and Konami is guilty of a grave crime for failure to bring it over.
    Last edited by gameoverDude; 01 May 2014 at 10:15 PM.

6. Thanks a mill, UFO. Got my calendar marked for Bullet Soul Infinite Burst 360 and this.
    Very good BGM in the trailer BTW. Gotta have this for the extra mode. Guaranteed Day One.

7. Niiiiiiiiice!