Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: Hyper Masculinity in the US

This is legit, actually. Crossing the MEN ARE THIS with the unrealistic images of dudes we all saw growing up (Arnold, wrestlers, action figures with bodacious broceps) has created an interesting situation for anyone that doesn't fit that mold.

BTW, Yoshi. How hard are you? Want to take a walk through my old neighborhood?

Maybe tell the corner boys how soft our country has become.

3. What makes you think they wouldn't agree with him whilst beating his ass?

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    BTW, Yoshi. How hard are you? Want to take a walk through my old neighborhood?
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Maybe tell the corner boys how soft our country has become.
    No, thank you. They're not the ones getting in touch with their inner child and handing out participation trophies.

No, they're the ones suffering from the effects of Hyper-Masculinity. I don't need to get into corner boy culture for you to understand what I'm talking about, right?

No, but do you think it's worse now than 20 years ago? If not, they're not contributing to the softening I'm talking about in either direction.

this hints at what Josh is talking about:

Josh, would you say the corner boys are too caught up in Hyper Masculinity? That they aren't learning to put that aside and work in groups to actually fix problems? Maybe too much competition with each other, and not enough community team work?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    No, but do you think it's worse now than 20 years ago? If not, they're not contributing to the softening I'm talking about in either direction.
    I think a lot of this is in your head. I can't recall the last time anyone asked me to get in touch with my inner child (hilarious by the way, coming from anyone on a forum that talks about games, kids movies, and toys) or participation trophies.

Personally, I don't have a problem with participation trophies if done right. I remember growing up as an abnormally smart kid, having to do the bulk of the work in projects. There should be less focus on doing the best project, and more on getting everyone to work. Thats whats ruining the country. This idea that there is some better person out there that will fix all the problems, so everyone else can just sit on their ass. There needs to be less 'the best will lead the way' and more 'everyone needs to contribute and put forth some work, regardless of the amount they can contribute.'

Pinko.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Josh, would you say the corner boys are too caught up in Hyper Masculinity? That they aren't learning to put that aside and work in groups to actually fix problems? Maybe too much competition with each other, and not enough community team work?
    There are a ton of Baltimore Sun articles that I will send you later. Now is not the time for searching.
    Last edited by Josh; 12 Jan 2014 at 07:16 PM.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    No, they're the ones suffering from the effects of Hyper-Masculinity. I don't need to get into corner boy culture for you to understand what I'm talking about, right?
    So much this.