Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Hyper Masculinity in the US

1. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Ugh, who cares. There have been bad parents as long as there have been parents. Shit, every parent is bad in some way. I'm just bored of people proclaiming stories like this to be the end of civilization.
    I'm not saying it's unique or new, but just that psychological stunting is not the same thing as basic safety.

2. Basic safety is not fun.
    Boo, Hiss.

3. Insert graphic of Calvin's dad telling him that something crappy builds character.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Those who don't participate (with the typical exceptions) should be shamed until they do, especially in the job market.
    you're saying the same stuff everyone else is, you just believe in a different reward structure.

I'd like to see everyone rewarded for giving a real effort. You don't really care about the middle and lower people that try, you just want those that don't try, punished.

Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    First you don't want to pay for other people's medical coverage, then you promote people getting hurt and needing coverage that could've been avoided which drives up costs. I don't get you sometimes.
    He wants everyone that doesn't live as he wishes to die. He's kind of fascists, though he will assure you he isn't and that I'm using the word incorrectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    You feel that this, and the other ideals you've put forth in this discussion, are well-formed and mature?
    Maturity is taking care of yourself. If you need the government to do it or make you do it, it's time to grow up.

edit: Maybe that's how this thread should be summarized. Stereotypes are stupid, but society should absolutely put pressure on people to be responsible for themselves and their actions. As long as you're taking care of yourself and your family and not fucking up someone else's business in the process, there's no need to conform.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 13 Jan 2014 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    He wants everyone that doesn't live as he wishes to die. He's kind of fascists, though he will assure you he isn't and that I'm using the word incorrectly.
    I've never seen you use the word correctly.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Maturity is taking care of yourself. If you need the government to do it or make you do it, it's time to grow up.

edit: Maybe that's how this thread should be summarized. Stereotypes are stupid, but society should absolutely put pressure on people to be responsible for themselves and their actions. As long as you're taking care of yourself and your family and not fucking up someone else's business in the process, there's no need to conform.
    That's better. The only thing is, regarding the bold part, we still have some sort of responsibility for those folks who aren't responsible for themselves and their actions since their actions rarely only affect themselves - and while we obviously won't agree on what that actually is or its severity, I think we can agree that allowing some dumb fuck flying through his windshield isn't it. As satisfying as that thought may be since you have to be an extreme idiot to not wear a seatbelt.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    fascists
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I've never seen you use the word correctly.
    Even if you were a fascist, he *still* didn't use it correctly.

9. Motherfuckers giving to much fucks what the Jonzies think.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

10. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    general complaining about modern "yoots" and their entitlement mentality
    Yeah modern generation so soft. We totally get to put in our 40 outta high school at a factory and get enough for a house, car, and full health and retirement while our wives stay home with 3.5 kids and their picket fence. So hard to get rewarded for sticking with a company and collecting a pension and predictable raises and promotions and guaranteed standard of living for nearly any degree path if you decide to do college.

http://www.fvza.org/index.html