Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Spec Ops The Line

1. That's also dumb. Half of what the game does so right has to do with playing the game.

2. Played to which end on YouTube? There's four, if I recall right. Plus the particulars and the explanation are based on the choices you did or didn't make along the way.

Here's a game about making choices, so I'll watch someone else make them instead. Herp derp.

3. It was the only way I could get through in a day. I committed enough atrocities on my own before I hopped over.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Cheebs View Post
    I just wanted to see what would happen next. I played a bit past where shit seriously goes wrong on easy difficulty. Then I played to the end on Youtube.
    You are terrible.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    You are terrible.
    What are you a loading screen?

6. Thats almost as bad as Yellerdog jumping in to Breaking bad 3 quarters through season 5.

Actually, no it isn't.

7. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    Without the writing it's just a bland game with generic mechanics and nothing to offer.
    To be fair, this kind of serves the game's narrative purpose, though. Killing people is not supposed to be fun, it's just what you have to do. If the game were too slick in this regard, it would undermine the narrative.

8. Mhmm.
    Donk

9. I missed this game when it came out and picked it up today. I like it so far.

10. I thought maybe my time with Mass Effect 2 and 3 should have taught me a little about how to play third person shooters.
    Guess not!
    This is the first game since...I don't remember when that had me throw a controller out of frustration. I had a really hard time with the water truck section, until I learned that instead of focusing on what was going on around me, just keep shooting towards the front of the truck.
    Yet even replaying that section a dozen times only mildly frustrated me.
    It must have taken me 30 tries to get through the section right before you find Lugo being hung.
    Holy Jeebus. The game tricked me into thinking there could be any number of ways to get through the section, but every time I deviated from what I found to work via trial and error, dead.
    I'm playing on normal, how Yoshi did it on the hardest difficulty I'll never understand.
    Does the twist come at the end or something? Because I'm almost there and I've seen nothing that made me think OMG STORY OF THE YEAR. It's interesting in that it's trying to make you think about what you're doing and maybe that's very different from most shooting games. I wouldn't know, I don't play them. But I don't see what all the hub bub was about. Yet.