Page 1 of 7 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Spec Ops The Line

1. Spec Ops The Line

So, I'm snowed in today. Leaving work (early closing) I knew that I would be snowed in so I hit Target for the day's entertainment. Of their $20 PS3 games, there was only one that Yahztee of Zero Punctuation recommended, so I went home with Spec Ops by default.

The word on this game is that the story is good.

I will never know if the story is good because the game part of the game is a baffling head scratcher.

My asshole cannot shoot straight. I'm plunked into a shooting gallery, but the recticule is very hard to see and moves all around when I shoot. And even if the recticule could be seen and did stand still, the bullets just kind of spray around it so I wouldn't hit shit anyway. Not to mention that my gun keeps switching to another gun seemingly at random. Not that it makes any difference. I can't even tell the guns apart aside from the one that aims even worse than the others.

It is so bad that there is a legitimate option built into the game to tell the other asshole next to me to kill somebody because my asshole can't do it.

Honestly, I'm not even playing this game. I'm ducking in cover, shooting blindly, mostly dying, but then sometimes the two assholes next to me stand up and run forward for no discernable reason, I follow, and the game progresses. I can't make heads or tails of any of this. What caused that guy to fall down dead? Is this an endless stream of baddies in this one gallery? What's the trigger to make it stop? Is my input needed in this game at all?

Maybe the story is great. I dunno. I've been playing for hours and am only on, like, my fifth shooting gallery. I really don't get what I'm supposed to be doing here.
    Last edited by Cheebs; 21 Jan 2014 at 05:08 PM.

2. maybe you should stop playing it

see what I did there

3. Quote Originally Posted by Cheebs View Post
    I really don't get what I'm supposed to be doing here.
    Play it on easy so you can get through it. The game part of the game really is pretty bland.

4. I can never tell if Cheebs is being sincere with these kinds of posts or just trolling.

5. Oh shit. If you hold L1 it lets you aim.

My bad.

Have you not played a shooter this generation?

what can you even say
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

8. This thread is amazing. A+++ would read again

9. Your gun changing to another gun at random is because you have to open your PS3 controller and replace that pad under the ribbon connector. Flaw in the PS3 controller.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheebs View Post
    Oh shit. If you hold L1 it lets you aim.

My bad.
    Amazing.

10. i wouldn't know any better

so is the twist that you shoot people under orders and you feel bad about it
    Donk