Thread: Wild (PS4)

Wild (PS4)

2. No idea about Wild, but Michel Ancel's Wild has my attention.

3. This looks rad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. That video didn't do much for me. World looks pretty empty compared to most open world games we're getting. I didn't see any mechanics that really spark my interest.

However. This guy made BG&E, so I'm totally in.

This looks like it could be super interesting if the whole animal ecology thing is explored in any depth, and if it doesn't devolve into Messiah-style "possess x to get by obstacle y" dullness. Since this is Ancel, I'm going to be optimistic. Definitely looking forward to this!

6. I like the 'bear as fuzzy ATV" angle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

7. World looks pretty sparse and arbitrary. Seems like it can't decide if it's a sandbox game or a narrative vehicle. That scene where he attacks a tribe of generic "cannibals" didn't look in any way satisfying, despite using all the powers of bear, raptor, and...rabbit? (they cut away quickly before showing what devastation it was about to unleash).

However, the promise of finding creatures in the wild, offering them up at some ritual site, and summoning a giant naked woman version of each is probably the game to sell. The Japanese make tons of games with essentially that premise and lot less surrounding structure that seem to do well enough.