Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor

1. I'm also playing this and I'm enjoying it more now that I've played a few hours. If I avenge the death of someone on my friends list, does that friend know I did so?

Gollum is awesome.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

2. Yes, I got a message out of the blue last night saying my death had been avenged. Didn't say by who but still pretty cool.

I do agree that there are a few nagging issues that keep this game from being perfect. Certain bosses do seem to reappear, but I figure that's just because I've been bleeding on them. The dodge and block buttons don't always work but I think that's a result of having to deal with the sword, it kind of makes the character more human for me. And then there's this one Captain who keeps getting away by running and then jumping down a small cliff or whatever, and because he's out of sight for a second he's fucking batman. poof, gone.

3. Yeah I also saw that bVork had avenged my death when I logged in, that was pretty cool.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Error View Post
    I do agree that there are a few nagging issues that keep this game from being perfect.
    To be fair, we knew it was Tolkien and not Star Wars going in.

5. Tain seems to be dying all over the place because I keep having to avenge his death.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

6. He told it's on family share, I don't think it's him.

7. That's totally me, I keep doing dumb shit in huge crowds and I keep letting strong captains get stronger.

I don't have a lot to add to what bVork said. If you've liked the Batman games you know what to expect here, but it does seem to have more of a bite to it than the Batman games did (I'm playing with all visual aids off, as those are the only real difficulty options present) and the nemesis system is legitimately cool. I liked it enough to pick it up, despite initially playing it through Family Share.

I saw that bVork avenged my death but that's the extent of my friend list interactions so far.

8. I avenged your death a couple of times last night so those will prob pop up for you tomorrow.

Also I think I'm getting way too powerful far too quickly. I've been doing a ton of side missions and saved up points to go straight to the 2500 point stealth skill and the 2500 point sword skill. If you want to keep the game a challenge you probably don't want to do that because both of those skills are flat out broken good, at least in the early game.

9. I avenged the death of Monolith yesterday. You'd think he'd be better at this game.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

10. People should play this. I unlocked enough powers to be a Warchief bitch slapping machine. Last few days before work I've been sucked in to a few hours a day. If only the story levels were better.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle