Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor

1. Quote Originally Posted by Glass Joe View Post
    This is next on my list.
    Do it! I've only been able to avenge a few of Bacon's deaths so far and they were fun, I need more.

Also I feel like I've been playing the game really slow. Probably 8-10 hours in and I've only unlocked the second tier of abilities, so I haven't even branded anyone yet. I find myself going through each section of the map trying to get all the collectibles while occasionally taking out a few main dudes and saving prisoners, and I've only taken out one Warchief so far. It seems every time I'd find a Warchief he was literally surrounded by 5 or 6 of his generals, and while the combat is great, that dodge function is rough and ranged attackers on the outskirts of a giant mass of uruks stifle my attempts almost every time.

2. You need to take out the captains (which are different Warchief's bodyguards) before taking out the Warchiefs.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

3. I had been working on that, at one point I had all three of the first lines of captains killed besides literally three or four, then I got into a scenario like I described above, died, and the ranks filled up real fast. I thought if I could take out every captain then the Warchiefs would be much easier, but the time you have to do that is finite and I don't think I was going at it quickly enough, thanks to all the collectibles that kept catching my eye. It's been a few weeks since I've played though, I'll probably jump on soon and try some more of the story missions.

4. As you're killing the captains try not to go and get yourself killed as well. Are you at the point where you need to kill the 4 Warchiefs? This is really clutch for that point, least IMHO.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

5. Yeah that's right about where I'm at. Ascended Ratbag to Warchief and then killed 1 more I think, it said I had 1 of 4 killed last I checked. I really don't have a problem with big mobs, in fact I prefer them for the awesome amount of decapitations and the great flow of combat, but when those damned spear chuckers join the fray I never see the indicator about incoming spears until it's .02 seconds from impact, at which point a few cheap hits later I'm dead. It feels pretty great to start a fight with 3 or 4 captains and demolish them, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    but when those damned spear chuckers join the fray
    So racist.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

7. So has anyone experienced a glitch in the PC version for the Graug mission; specifically the part when it says to press "F" on the keyboard to charge the arrow shot and shoot the beast so you can escape the cave? When I get to that point it doesn't do anything and the character is essentially frozen since I can't jump off or anything. Still happens when I restart the mission.
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill

8. The mission where you first see the Graug? I did not get that error.

This is going to be back on sale for $20 at BBY starting tomorrow for those who missed it last weekend.

10. Coincidently the Game of the Year edition launches on the 5th.

If you waited this long, I'd continue to wait.