Thread: Square Enix Collective

1. Square Enix Collective

So it looks like SE is looking at funding some smaller projects through crowd-sourcing.

http://collective.square-enix.com/projects/
    This is where the magic happens! Take a look through the projects, and if something catches your eye, you could help make it a reality – firstly by showing your support with a YES vote, and also by sharing your thoughts on the concept in the comments section of the pitch or pitch updates. Each project campaign lasts for 28 days, and at the end of that period, if there’s clear support for that idea, the team may be offered support through crowdfunding via the Collective campaign page on Indiegogo.
    This first batch is:

Moon Hunters

Game of Glens

World War Machine

Both Moon Hunters and World War Machine are faring pretty well in the votes department so far with Game of Glens looking like it's going nowhere. WWM has no gameplay screenshots, but sounds cool with 5-player co-op and action-RPG mech building. Moon Hunters also sounds and looks pretty awesome but the description sounds destined for missing the mark (designed to be a co-op Zelda game for the whole family with a procedurally generated world).

Not sure how I feel about a big company dipping their feet into crowd-sourcing like this, but if nothing else this seems like a great promotion for these and hopefully future smaller titles.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MoonHunters_SEC_Gameplay_B.png 
Views:	181 
Size:	174.1 KB 
ID:	73169   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SquareEnix_RES_01.png 
Views:	185 
Size:	718.8 KB 
ID:	73170   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-10-26_-_WM_Design_Breakdown_740x420.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	203.0 KB 
ID:	73171  

2. Forgot to mention, the pitch details are on this page and not only can indie developers use their own IP but SE will be opening up certain other IPs that can basically be licensed to use (direct translation: SE gets an extra 10% of your profits). The first batch that's available are Gex, Fear Effect and Anachronox.

Anachronox! I was not impressed with the Shaker kickstarter, but if Loot Drop were to put up a pitch for a new Anachronox game, I think I'd be down for giving them some money.

4. lol on the Game of Glens game, good luck with that Ruffian.

5. Moon Hunters looks really cool from the images! Too bad about the procedural-generated thing... i guess that's what the kids like these days
    Donk