Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Newegg Selling Zelda Wii U with Wonderful 101 and NG3 for $270 shipped

Nope. The Wii U will be fine though this year in terms of things to play. I'm not even a Nintendo fan, and I'll probably have ten games by year-end. It'll be next year when the competition finally stomps it into the ground.

2. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    "Remember that system that died after a year?"
    DC was the best system!!!

3. Best three years of gaming ever.

That honestly was probably the last three. Or maybe 2010-2012.

Jyoung is right, Yoshi is wrong.

The apocalypse is upon us.

You can't even make a compelling argument for 1999-2001 being the three best years of gaming ever. That's a ridiculous statement, even with certain PC games you're not even thinking of helping you out. There has never been the level of quality across a diverse set of platforms and genres that we've enjoyed recently.

edit: Hell, even if you want to build a case on rose colored glasses, are you seriously going to say 1999-2001 was better than 1993-1995 give or take a year in either direction?
    Last edited by Yoshi; 01 Feb 2014 at 08:38 PM.

7. I would. That was the golden age of fighting games.

Garou
    MvC1
    MvC2
    CvS1
    CvS2
    KoF '98 (DC)
    Last Blade 2 (DC)
    Street Fighter III: Third Strike
    Street Fighter III : W Impact (DC)
    Guilty Gear X
    Tech Romancer
    Joe Joe (DC)
    Power Stone
    Power Stone 2
    Super SF 2 Turbo (DC, first good home version)
    Virtual On: Oratorio Tangram
    Virtua Fighter 3tb
    Virtua Fighter 4
    Vampire Chronicles

VF 4: Evolution and GGXX would come out in 2002.

You can't argue that most of the best fighting games ever aren't in that list. GGXX #R (2003) is the only game that might be better than everything on that last.
    Last edited by A Robot Bit Me; 01 Feb 2014 at 09:21 PM.

Bah. I'm taking SSFIIT, Rondo, Doom, Yoshi's Island, Daytona, and TIE Fighter and throwing down the mic. I'm probably forgetting legends that period was so strong.

edit: My bench players would be Hard Corps, Super Metroid, SamSho II, Sonic CD, Star Fox, Darkstalkers, Chrono Trigger, Rayman, Phantasy Star IV, etc.

edit2: Damn I wish I could get 1993 and 1996 covered together. I badly want Resident Evil, Metal Slug, Tomb Raider, etc. on there. I can't believe you're counting ports. Get the fuck out of here with KoF98 being in 1999-2001.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 01 Feb 2014 at 09:32 PM.

Serious answer would be the 90s, yes.

10. Dreamcast was awesome. It's also the reason I started giving a real shit about fighting games and that system is what caused me to meet some serious and tournament players. It dragged people out of the woodwork in crazy fashion. A true holy place for that genre.