Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Newegg Selling Zelda Wii U with Wonderful 101 and NG3 for $270 shipped

1. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    I would. That was the golden age of fighting games.

Garou
    MvC1
    MvC2
    CvS1
    CvS2
    KoF '98 (DC)
    Last Blade 2 (DC)
    Street Fighter III: Third Strike
    Street Fighter III : W Impact (DC)
    Guilty Gear X
    Tech Romancer
    Joe Joe (DC)
    Power Stone
    Power Stone 2
    Super SF 2 Turbo (DC, first good home version)
    Virtual On: Oratorio Tangram
    Virtua Fighter 3tb
    Virtua Fighter 4
    Vampire Chronicles
    All those fighting games, and no Project Justice?

2. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    You can't even make a compelling argument for 1999-2001 being the three best years of gaming ever. That's a ridiculous statement, even with certain PC games you're not even thinking of helping you out. There has never been the level of quality across a diverse set of platforms and genres that we've enjoyed recently.

edit: Hell, even if you want to build a case on rose colored glasses, are you seriously going to say 1999-2001 was better than 1993-1995 give or take a year in either direction?
    Depends on your age, I think.

I was working at EB in 1998, 1999, 2000 and played everything and it was awesome. I had a rad PC (Voodoo2 SLI) and that was the best the PC ever was or will be. The Dreamcast was great and even the PSX and N64 had tons of great games. Then I went to college and didn't play so much. I don't think I could remember a game from 2001 if I tried.

edit: I checked. A lot of cool games came out in 2001. I barely played any of them.

3. Does it really matter?

4. Yes, it matters VERY MUCH

5. Boring old man fight. I'm in! 1999-2001 has Unreal Tournament, Quake 3 and all the DC/Capcom goodness. For me, those are golden years. They get my vote.

If that's gold, I'll hold out for platinum, diamond, etc.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    I was working at EB in 1998, 1999, 2000 and played everything and it was awesome. I had a rad PC (Voodoo2 SLI) and that was the best the PC ever was or will be. The Dreamcast was great and even the PSX and N64 had tons of great games. Then I went to college and didn't play so much. I don't think I could remember a game from 2001 if I tried.

edit: I checked. A lot of cool games came out in 2001. I barely played any of them.
    Yeah I don't make that claim just because of the Dreamcast. PC was equally awesome back then. PS1 and N64 still had some great games coming out. And the Gamecube had Super Monkey Ball and Smash Bros Melee, two of the best games from that round of systems.

Quote Originally Posted by jyoung View Post
    And the Gamecube had Super Monkey Ball and Smash Bros Melee, two of the best games from that round of systems.

edit: Neither made TNL's Top 10, nor should they have.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 02 Feb 2014 at 03:15 PM.

9. Super Monkey Ball should have. If it isn't Top 10, it just missed out.

SSB, OTOH, doesn't belong

10. Monkey Ball 1 and Pikmin 1 were and are two of the best games ever made.

99-2001 4 life