Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2456

Thread: TNL US Tax Thread 2014

I don't see myself retiring. I do see myself buying a little land, sticking a small house and recording studio on it and getting old and senile with Rebecca

Hot.

3. I'm going to move to Outland and will defend my plot of land with my fists.

I'm pretty apathetic about land ownership. It doesn't really feel like I own it if I have to keep paying taxes on it when there is nothing but trees on it and a gravel road. Or if I stop paying taxes on it someone can take it.

I don't tell me that money is for the government to maintain something other. What the shit are they maintaining for timberland and a dirt road? Nothing.

You shouldn't have to pay taxes on property that doesn't utilize any infrastructure. And if we did change that, it would be a great incentive for privately owned forest land to be left alone and allowed to grow naturally. (of course, if you cut the timber and sold it at a profit, you would have to pay taxes that year).

Obama needs a new pair of shoes.

We tax US citizens that don't even live in the fucking US. Your gravel pit is not safe.

6. We have a few fields that we rent to corn/soy/whatever farmers. There have been a few years that they weren't rented and we were able to get a big tax break because of it. I'm sure such things exist for undeveloped land, unless you are crying about having to pay even a little tax. If that's the case take your ass to Mars.

7. I got killed on state taxes last year. Delaware doesn't have any agreements with surrounding states so if you work there and don't live there, you end up owing to Delaware and your state of residence. Delaware also has a pretty high income tax relative to PA (fuck DE and it's tax free shopping). All in all, I ended up getting a little federal tax back but owe around a grand to DE and PA. Thank god I'm back to working in PA again.

Delaware is a great place not to live.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Delaware is a great place not to live.
    I disagree. For people that enjoy awful traffic, constant road construction, intrusive police, crime, HIV, and heroin, it really is among the top places to live in the US