Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: Sonic Boom (3DS, WiiU)

Quote Originally Posted by Eurogamer
    Sega has revealed Sonic Boom, new game for 3DS and Wii U and a fresh franchise push for Sonic the Hedgehog in general.

Described as a "new branch of the Sonic universe", there will also be a CG animated Sonic Boom cartoon series and an "extensive" range of merchandising to go alongside it.

On Wii U, Sonic Boom is being developed by Big Red Button, a studio set up by former Naughty Dog staff in 2008 but which has been oddly quiet ever since.

It seems unlikely that this the developer's first game - and it's unclear how long the team has been working on the project - but what else the studio has been up to is a mystery.

The 3DS version is being worked on by Sanzaru Games, developer of PlayStation 3 and Vita platformer Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time.

Sonic Boom is also notable for being the third and final exclusive Sonic game in the company's 'Nintendo-Sega Alliance' - a deal which was rumoured to be on the rocks earlier this week when a report surfaced of a 2015 Sonic title for PS4 and Xbox One.

Sega subsequently claimed that report was "incorrect", but it did include correct details of the Sonic Boom TV show.
    Eurogamer

Hero's comparison to Sony's platformers is interesting, given that former Naughty Dog developers and the developers of the most recent Sly game are working on the Wii U and 3DS versions, respectively.

New developer. This could be interesting, though probably more in a car crash way than anything else.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Eurogamer

Hero's comparison to Sony's platformers is interesting, given that former Naughty Dog developers and the developers of the most recent Sly game are working on the Wii U and 3DS versions, respectively.
    well, what do you know?

I guess some things you can just glean given how a game's feel looks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

4. skrillex and sanic go together like bologna and mustard

5. Nothing is safe from teh dubstep.

6. The games: I'm cautiously optimistic. Sonic needed to leave internal Sega teams for a long time. I'm really curious to see the result so long as it's neither Sonic Heroes nor Sonic BioWare RPG.

The Cartoon: Made in France. That's a good thing. Still a kid's cartoon, but it can't be worse that Sonic X. No annoying kid relatable character in sight!

Character designs: How did they possibly make Sonic characters look worse? Wow.

7. I'm totally fine with this look. Knuckles looks weird to me, though that might be more because his change is so drastic (not that he ever looked as tough as he acted before).

8. The last Sonic cartoon that wasn't the worst thing ever was 18 years ago and only two episodes, and this one looks a lot better than that. I'll allow it.