Thread: Sonic Boom (3DS, WiiU)

Sonic Boom (3DS, WiiU)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	slide_0006(3).jpeg 
Views:	188 
Size:	25.4 KB 
ID:	73230

Quote Originally Posted by Joystiq
    A photo from a toy fair held in Nuremberg suggests that Sega's blazing-fast mascot will make his way to the next-gen consoles in 2015. Spindash's report, as translated by Sonic Stadium, notes a placard at the event from toy manufacturer Jazwares that hints at a Sonic game for the PS4, Xbox One and Wii U. Jazwares currently has a line of Sonic merchandise, so it would make sense for them to know about future Sonic projects.

The image notes recent Sonic games in addition to the "new 2015 title TBA" game, but it doesn't make note of Nintendo's "worldwide partnership" with Sega to release three exclusive Sonic games on Nintendo platforms. Sonic: Lost World kicked off this supposed trilogy and Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Winter Games served as the second installment, so it's unclear whether the TBA game used to be Wii U exclusive, or if another Sonic game is still in the works for Nintendo platforms.
    Link

My guess is that Sega is contractually obligated to release a third Wii U exclusive, so there are probably two new Sonic games.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 06 Feb 2014 at 03:41 PM.

2. it has to be 9 times as good as sonic 06

3. something about zero and multiplication goes here

4. is there a no expectation meme?

5. here we go:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/segaame...h/12336047193/

(these are photos from a show but apparently the new game is based on this stuff)

OH HEY A TRAILER:

The quality of animation is nice, but those designs are still horrid.
    Last edited by Hero; 06 Feb 2014 at 03:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

6. and a game trailer

A dev I follow put it best - it seems like Sega's answer to keeping the franchise relevant is...to copy the fuck out of Sly, Ratchet, Knack, Spyro, et al. I dunno. Maybe kids will shit themselves over this. My niece apparently likes that new Pacman show...
    Last edited by Hero; 06 Feb 2014 at 03:21 PM.

7. Gross. Too much Dreamworks eyebrow. Blue armed Sonic and roids Knuckles creep me out. Otherwise I guess it's not too bad.

I hope this is its own thing (Mobius-2?) and not a complete redesign.

So Sega's denial that this was multiplatform was true.

9. Oh yeah, I hadn't noticed that.

I wonder if there's any research in exactly how well kids stuff does on each platform? Could be that despite the smaller install base, shit like this just does better on Nintendo platforms? Or maybe it's to round out that exclusivity deal you mentioned.

10. Judging from the scene where they all fall flat on their face except for Amy Rose, I'm guessing she's now a token hypercompetent chick. And putting tape over Sonic's clean red shoes...that's supposed to be a design element that stands out, y'know? Blue blur excepts the red parts going in circles or figure eights?

So modern.
    Very hip.

Thats said, it's just Sonic, so whatever.