13 59.09%
  • No. I have DVR and skip them.

5 22.73%
  • Yes.

4 18.18%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Do You Still Watch Commercials?

1. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    I only see commercials at work when I'm sitting in rooms where people have the TV on, so I see a couple here and there but that's about it. I don't have TV hooked up at my house at all.A pig in a blanket is a kind of food. The commercial has a literal pig in a blanket, in which people find the play on words humorous. To my knowledge that's the extent of the joke.
    It's just weird because why is he just wearing a blanket at a football game.

2. Fuck if I know. I saw it and moved on. I only remember it because it seems to come up for every single commercial break I see. I didn't even remember it was for Geico until that was mentioned here.

3. Hulu Plus has ads which i sit through, but thats about it. Youtube ads are by far the most annoying to deal with.

4. I don't have cable. I mainly watch Netflix and the like. When I do have to endure TV commercials I usually end up muting. Why are they louder than regular programming?
    [Insert large, loud, flashing signature here]

Yoshi, you know I ~ love ~ you, but you're gonna have a hell of a time poking holes in my counterculture way of doing things.
    Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    I imagine this counts as indie:

Attachment 73247

Four ingredients, not so bad.
    I mix that with borax. It does a hell of a job.

Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    I watch them
    Here's your answer.

Quote Originally Posted by M View Post
    Why are they louder than regular programming?
    You know why.
    Last edited by Josh; 03 Feb 2014 at 09:50 PM.

Insider info for you: Local commercials are louder than average because the guy doing the dubbing didn't feel like moving 4 sliders because he knew that he'd have to re-set them for the next commercial. I know this because I was that guy.

Also, going and getting a $90 2 channel compressor will change your television experience for the better. Especially movies, but commercial tv as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Yoshi, you know I ~ love ~ you, but you're gonna have a hell of a time poking holes in my counterculture way of doing
    You'd never acknowledge it if he did.

Sure I would.