Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 313151617

Thread: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U)

1. Maury Oh.

2. How do you solve a problem like Mah-REE-Oh?

James

4. /thread

5. Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    Oh, the bosses are C-, just like DKCReturns. The fights are way too long and the bosses have obnoxious non-patterns, so while they're not difficult, you'll die because of something stupid and you'll have to start the goddamn thing alllllllll over again. They're funny but they're not fun.
    Finch of seven months ago, you are crazy, the bosses are SOOOO patterned it bored the shit out of me. Every single one has three phases and each phase has two attack sequences that alternate and you have to hit the boss three times in each phase, nine times in total... I got bored even typing that.

This game is fun, pro control with dpad and shoulder buttons for thumping is the most natural setup. The game really shines on the kong levels you get for collecting every kong letter in an island. This games balances the challenge and does exploration better than DKR. The hidden exits were cool, but there were too many "get Dixie and don't lose her till the end so you can swim against the current to get to the portal".
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

6. They had patterns, but they're random. The important thing is that they weren't very good. The bosses just took way too many hits and weren't interesting past their introductions. I hope Retro learns how to make their Dankey Kang bosses good because nearly everything else is fantastic and i hope they make more Danks and Kangs.
    Donk