Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234568 ... LastLast

Thread: Mario Golf: World Tour (3DS)

1. Season Passes don't bother me at all, Nintendo Digital bothers me.

I still want this game though, I love golf games

But hopefully those assholes stay consistent and decry Nintendo the way they did every other company (who didn't have such shitty DLC delivery and retention systems)

2. That the main game, which is said to have the usual amount of content for a Mario Golf game, is priced at $30 helps this DLC/season pass.

I typically stick with the main game and hardly pick up DLC, but I'll be curious to see how the additional courses turn out and will probably look forward to the following feature described in the NOA PR:

Nintendo will also offer Trial Tournaments for consumers interested in trying out a sample of the downloadable courses before deciding to purchase. Consumers who own the game and download the Trial Pack will be able to participate in these online tournaments.

Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    But hopefully those assholes stay consistent and decry Nintendo the way they did every other company (who didn't have such shitty DLC delivery and retention systems)
    Good luck with that.

4. I'm not interested in the game, and I still don't like DLC, specially not Day 1 DLC.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

The NeoGAF thread is worth a read for comedic value. These are some of my favorites:

"I`m thinking about getting maybe a Wii U with Mario Kart 8. If they introduce this dlc/season pass thing there too, i will cancel my plans. DLC devalues games for me."

"well that just killed all hype i had for this game

games should come complete or be reduced price."

There are people like Joust who have a point too:

"I don't want to see Nintendo implementing the "standard" DLC policy when they don't even have basic account functionality."

6. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    Season Passes don't bother me at all, Nintendo Digital bothers me.
    100% this. If it's from Nintendo then I want everything on disc/cartridge. I just don't have any faith in their online content management.

James

7. Well maybe/probably the fact they want to sell this stuff mean they will get their act in gear.

8. You know you're talking about Nintendo, right? I mean sure, it's possible. Maybe? It's going to take some hard evidence first before I believe it, though.

James

I think they honestly have an improvement plan at this point, but it's unclear what the platforms are that will take advantage of it. I've seen comments that lead me to believe it's the Wii U and the next portable and other comments that make me think it's actually the next console and the next portable. What does seem clear is that it isn't the 3DS, which is why common VC games aren't Cross Buy. That doesn't make it right, but I think that's the truth.

edit: This is my new favorite NeoGAF comment:

"I just lost a lot of respect for Nintendo.

This is the type of thing that makes me avoid buying from other major devs and manufactures.

No day 1 DLC is never worth it or reasonable in any circumstance as far as I'm concerned. I think gaming as whole just died a large amount for me...

No longer a leader. Just another follower. *sigh* Nintendo has finally joined the path of corruption."
    Last edited by Yoshi; 22 Apr 2014 at 02:25 PM.

Because Nintendo has never done anything anti-consumer before.