Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4141617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: True Detective

1. The guys pouring out of the cabin was fine. Tear gas is a bitch. That's exactly what is going to happen when SWAT uses it.

I was going to post a list of all the terrible stuff that happens to everyone but it was a wall. Jesus.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

The whole season was melodramatic schlock following the media trend of celebrating the anti-hero. The mystery wasn't interesting and the characters might have been more compelling if it wasn't so stupid, over the top, slow mo and boring.

Too many characters. Everyone was one dimensional. Then they died.

The whole thing was so dumb. Dumber than most anime dumb but the same kind of tone as like a cowboy bebop.

Maybe if I was 13 it would have seemed cooler? I could go on and on. It's just so disappointing when season 1 had such great, well-developed, well-acted, complex characters at the center of a mystery with great pacing. This one was so unfocused and every plotline was dumb. I seriously fast forwarded through the last excruciating 30 minutes of everyone dying and just watched the denouement.

For the amount of time they spent setting everyone up they could have told this whole story in 2-2.5 hours and it would have been better. The one dimensional characters wouldn't have mattered so much. Sometimes TV gets it right when they use their extra available time well, but this was like the LotR problem where all this time was wasted on melodrama and long close ups on characters making "ruminating face"
    Last edited by Cowutopia; 10 Aug 2015 at 03:14 PM.

4. It's style over substance for the most part. It was reaching for some David Lynch stylistic choices, and it failed miserably. Which is sad, because acting wise I think all four main characters did a great fuckin job.

"I AM THE BULLET, AND THE BLADE!!!" that is some emo LiveJournal bullshit of the highest order.

5. Yeah some of the dialogue was bad. I thought Velcoro and Frank pretty much had to die though based on the context of the series and what they had to do in order to "make it". I enjoyed the cabin scene but everything was so drawn out and it never had that big... moment. I guess the shootout was supposed to be "it". But it wasn't. The best scenes were always Velcoro beating the shit out of people as a warning.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 11 Aug 2015 at 11:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

6. Fuck all y'all! That was great. I dunno, I think everyone is being a little too hard on it. It was a solid, absolutely above average show. It didn't quite fulfill the brilliance of the first season, but it was still excellent. I loved the trifecta of the desert/forest/ocean final moments.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

It must have looked good in storyboard. It was a comic book.

8. look here, upon a sig graveyard.

9. reaaaaaaallly. very interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread