Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61618192021 LastLast

Thread: True Detective

1. look here, upon a sig graveyard.

2. I'm stoked and season 2 wasn't that bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

3. Season two sucked 16 dicks all day, but I'll see if they learned their lesson. I'm in.

4. I liked season two, but yeah, it was no season one.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

5. After thinking about it and rewatching season 2, it was really good. What sucked is that I really cared about the characters, so it made me mad when things didnt work out for them. That’s sign of good writing, not a bad series.

6. Hey, it's time! Episodes one and two are out.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

7. It was decent!

Loved, loved, loved the Vietnam vet angle. I think that's a vastly unexplored trope especially in regards to "intellectual horror." I think Apocalypse Now is the only Vietnam related thing that ventures past "insanely depressing" and into "really damn creepy" territory. I hope they pursue that angle further, like with trash man. The part where the father drove by and his cart almost looked like some sort of monster made my skin crawl.
    Kudos for bringing back the Texas Chainsaw style ambient soundtrack too, bless.

I'm a *little* concerned it's going to be too derivative of the first season though. The dolls, the cop duo, we'll get a one-take camera episode, etc. I think there's a really fine line between keeping the conspiracy/cult stuff alive and just copying from itself. I hope it differentiates in the episodes to come. I'm hopeful, and the first two episodes were quite compelling. I highly enjoyed the West Memphis Three influence too.

8. I have a feeling there's going to be some unreliable narrator stuff down the line that either makes the show or completely ruins it.

9. Episode 3 was good. Nothing revolutionary, but all very solid story stuff. Main dudes dementia is going to get real sad soon

10. I'll binge watch it like I did Westworld 2. I liked season 2 but it just didn't have the style or carte blanche of season 1. The characters came across as really stupid during the shootout and it was super convenient writing that none of the critical cast died in it. But I agree with Sats that the ending was pretty solid. I remember it just as much as tubby creepo from season 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."