Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 23456818 ... LastLast

Thread: True Detective

1. Quote Originally Posted by FirstBlood View Post
    I found most of the Carcosa sequence to be incredibly corny/hollywood/predictable.

Marty breaking down at the sight of his family after the case was the highlight.
    Yup, or when he sees the pile of little girl dresses and just stops and has a look like "fuck..." on his face. Or "sentient meat" as "scented meat". Classics.

Buddy cop movie done right IMO.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I liked the reality-based writing.
    What show were you watching? The presentation was naturalistic, but the story was always way over-the-top.

And sorry if your show about hunting a satanic serial killer got too hollywood at the end there...

3. The finale is definitely sticking with me. I liked it. The swirling vision thing when he entered the chamber, both leads crying and having their entire world view flip turned upside down, and the serial killer was great in the one scene they gave him. I like the part of the story they didn't tell - where they were chasing ghosts the entire time, by the time they caught up to this guy he was the only one left - no more giant cult. Just one creepy dude fucking his sister.

4. Quote Originally Posted by dave is ok View Post
    I like the part of the story they didn't tell - where they were chasing ghosts the entire time, by the time they caught up to this guy he was the only one left - no more giant cult. Just one creepy dude fucking his sister.
    Try again.

I'd say the giant cult is still there and goes way deeper than what we we're shown, the "sprawl" as Rust refers to it. The tape showed like 4-5 people in it. The anchor during the news report said police and FBI have discredited rumors of Errol's relation to Sen Tuttle, not to mention that Rust mentions that to Marty that didn't get them all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    If I'm going to be taxed, I'd rather it be to build a Death Star than to feed lazy Wookiees.

5. Quote Originally Posted by aren View Post
    Try again.

I'd say the giant cult is still there and goes way deeper than what we we're shown, the "sprawl" as Rust refers to it. The tape showed like 4-5 people in it. The anchor during the news report said police and FBI have discredited rumors of Errol's relation to Sen Tuttle, not to mention that Rust mentions that to Marty that didn't get them all.
    No, I think Dave is partially right. The patriarch was tied to a slab with his mouth sewed. He was something horrifying that was born out of something only slightly less horrifying, I think the pedophile ring/cult probably still exists, but they probably don't sanction the killing or torture, especially of his father.
    Last edited by AstroBlue; 10 Mar 2014 at 04:12 PM.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

6. Marie Fontenot was in 1990, Dora Lange was 1995 - the former was clearly the cult and the latter was almost certainly Errol by himself. What happened in those 5 years, whether the cult disbanded or moved to Florida or whatever is speculation. People are still around who know about it and keep things covered up - but who knows if they're still out killing. All of the killings after 95 were probably just Errol by himself.

7. True Detective

I'll second dave on that - it is strongly implied that Errol is doing this by himself at the present, remember the convo with the black cops, they tied Errol to the Billy Lee murder, so it looks like it was just him trying to tie up loose ends

8. Wow. Finally was able to watch the last ep. Amazing show. There is no way this doesn't win all the major tv awards.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

9. I misread dave's post, thinking he was implying there never was a cult and it was just Errol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    If I'm going to be taxed, I'd rather it be to build a Death Star than to feed lazy Wookiees.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    And sorry if your show about hunting a satanic serial killer got too hollywood at the end there...
    It's a valid complaint in a show that goes out of its way to avoid convention.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 12 Mar 2014 at 04:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."