Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: True Detective

1. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    It's a valid complaint in a show that goes out of its way to avoid convention.
    Except it doesn't

2. Just finished the last two, that was fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. I dug it, I'm still thinking about the finale. And my wig technology has come a long way. Woody Harrelson 1995 hair!

4. I just finished this show - it's the best TV show I've ever seen. I totally didn't expect to be saying that, I had a few people recommend it to me, but I was thinking it would be a throwaway week long watch. Was I ever wrong - it was practically flawless, absolutely perfect pacing, everything i require in a TV show. I would say the only very very minor change that would have made it extra perfectly bleak is If Hart would have died and Cohle remained alive. That's almost too depressing though, so I'm fine with how it ended.

Some people seem upset that the Yellow King was never fully explained, but my theory is that the Yellow King refers to the drug mix of LSD and Meth...kind of this slang for the hallucinogenic properties that Carcosa incites in his "world."
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

5. I'm 3 episodes in. The acting makes this show so captivating. That sounds like a Entertainment Weekly blurb, but it's the best way to put it.

6. I agree. Even the tiny bit players put in a fantastic performance.

7. The story was the only downfall. Things got a bit amateur by the end.
    If not for Fargo, TD would have been my favorite show of the year.

8. look here, upon a sig graveyard.

9. Eh on Vaughn and Farrell.
    But I loves me some Rachel McAdams.

Even though the first season didn't deliver in the end story wise, it was still a hell of a ride.
    We'll see.

10. That trailer sucked but I'm really looking forward to Vaughn picking up his Clay Pigeons-esque roles. Colin Farrell annoys the shit out of me but I have high hopes it will be good anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread