Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10121314151618 ... LastLast

Thread: True Detective

Everyone talks like Kirk and everyone's story is pretty dumb.

2. I really like it. I don't think it's as captivating as the first season and the dynamite combo of Woody and Matthew, but I appreciate that they've gone in a different direction. Invites less direct comparison and has breathing room to be its own thing. Even to the point where it almost feels to me like the detectives have very little relationship with each other, which is so central to season one; they've just got so much shit going on in their own lives.

And of those spheres I would definitely agree that Colin's is the most interesting. I was really surprised/saddened in ep02 when it seems like he gets offed — I think that's when I knew I was hooked. I'm also finding Vaugn's character to be increasingly likeable. I especially enjoyed their "chat" over coffee in the beginning of ep06. Rachel McAdams is a damn fine actress and I really enjoy every scene she's in. Looking forward to seeing more of her backstory tie in, as the flashbacks during her Molly trip are suggesting we will. And gay cop is interesting, too. I like all the characters. The story tying them together is really, really complicated, though, and maybe not that elegant. I honestly have no idea what people are talking about in some of the dialog heavy scenes. That'd be my main complaint.

I'm definitely into it! Good stuff!

3. Finally, a real episode of True Detective, and not generic Cop Drama #752. More of that please.

Molly doesn't do that to you.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia View Post
    Ya, pure aerosolized MDMA is a bit laughable, but no more so than the meth/LSD hybrid from last season.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia View Post
    I think it was more a combination of Molly and PTSD tbh.

Yeah I mean they are trying to insinuate she got raped or molested or something in her past, but Molly makes you want to take all your clothes off, dance, and rub on stuff. Also makes you super dehydrated and it always made me want to chain smoke.

8. These contracts, signatures all over them!
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

9. Who was the guy she saw in the party and tried to hide from? Not the old dude that wanted her, dude in a room with some other dudes.

10. That was the bigwig that wanted Frank to get the hard drive, I think some congressman or something like that.