Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: True Detective

1. It was good.

But it wasn't as good as I wanted it to be. The last two episodes specifically.

2. Love the show, fantastic first season that's going to be tough to equal nevermind top.

3. The show was excellent front to back.

If there is a backlash, it is because a bunch of morons on the internet worked themselves up into a lather over some metaphysical shit or some M. Night Shymalan twist. You can't blame the show for not doing what those retards wanted.

4. SECOND SEASON WILL BE BETTER.
    Denzel guarantees it.

5. I found most of the Carcosa sequence to be incredibly corny/hollywood/predictable.

Marty breaking down at the sight of his family after the case was the highlight.

6. I agree with Diff. It was exactly what it should have been. A very well done show all the way around.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    The show was excellent front to back.

If there is a backlash, it is because a bunch of morons on the internet worked themselves up into a lather over some metaphysical shit or some M. Night Shymalan twist. You can't blame the show for not doing what those retards wanted.
    It was well done. I thought for sure Rust got killed before even getting a shot in on that perv. I liked the reality-based writing. Good shit and I want to see where the second season takes us (maybe a case told over 1 day?)

I thought the action would be a bit bigger though. I wasn't expecting Breaking Bad gattling-gun style big but that finale was undeniably satisfying.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 10 Mar 2014 at 12:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

8. That was fan-fucking-tastic. And backlash my ass. True Detective did more in eight episodes than most shows do with multiple seasons.

Matthew McConaughey will win the Emmy for best actor in a miniseries, guaranteed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    If I'm going to be taxed, I'd rather it be to build a Death Star than to feed lazy Wookiees.

9. McConaughey already said he won't be back for another season BTW.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

10. Neither will Woody Harrelson or anyone else. It's confirmed next season will have a new cast and story. Which begs the question, who will they cast as the leads that can live up to the flawless standard McConaughey and Harrelson set?
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    If I'm going to be taxed, I'd rather it be to build a Death Star than to feed lazy Wookiees.