Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Irrational Games "Winding Down"

1. Yeah I'm going with what I said. Since that's how everything is turning out.

A narrative-based game wins GotY basically everywhere, and Joust wants a 21-gun salute.

3. If they could sell the award, then you have a point

4. Mass Effect, Dishonored, Bioshock, Fallout 3, and other big-budget narrative games win GOTYs and make shitloads of money on a consistent basis, GUESS THIS IS THE END

BioShock generated over $250M in revenue. That's the point. I don't think Sony did too poorly with The Last of Us either.

6. Aside from the fact that this isn't a long list, ME is moving to MP, Dishonored didn't set anything on fire, RIP Bioshock duh, Bethesda is making an MMO...

We will have this discussion again in a couple years.

Todd Howard's team isn't making ESO; they're working on Fallout 4. What are you even talking about? No one is more concerned about the survival of single player games than me, but there is no reason to worry right now.

edit: And what was that about Dishonored?
    Last edited by Yoshi; 18 Feb 2014 at 01:47 PM.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    Aside from the fact that this isn't a long list, ME is moving to MP, Dishonored didn't set anything on fire, RIP Bioshock duh, Bethesda is making an MMO...

We will have this discussion again in a couple years.
    The only thing we know about ME4 is that it might have weapon holstering, Dishonored sold way better than expected, Bioshock made a crazy of money, and Bethesda is making a narrative MMO.

You sure are insistent on ramming your head into that sand as hard as you can.

9. Sure there is...there are fewer than there used to be. This gen will have fewer than the last...note that I am taking about big budget stuff. I think in the indie source there will be a lot.

Why would a publisher take more than a chance a generation on a big budget SP-centric game that people will just wait for on PS+? Why is this team getting the axe?

10. After Infinite, I'm fine with Levine making efforts to reel in & refocus his team. I look forward to whatever he does especially now that it might not be weighed down by the "AAA SHOOTER" label.