Page 1 of 14 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Gen Gems (360/PS3/Wii)

1. Last Gen Gems (360/PS3/Wii)

When new systems hit, the games for the preceding systems change in the way I think about them. Suddenly forced to prioritize, I sift through that specific generation's backlog through a different lense. For example when 360 came out all of a sudden I realized I needed to play the original Xbox Splinter Cell trilogy. Are there any games from last gen you want to finish before you move on to current gen?

Here are mine

Final Fantasy XIII trilogy Enjoyed a lot of Final Fantasies (single players like 9 and 12 not the MMO ones) but somehow stalled at 13. With the release of Lightning Returns I'm revisiting the original Final Fantasy 13 and finding it boring yet visually spectacular. IDK if the visuals are spectacular enough to lead me on to FFXIII-2 (what a convoluted name) and Lightning Returns, but something tells me they are

Stuntman Ignition Loved the PS2 original Stuntman, this one feels different, I think it's not as good or as satisfying but I'm interested if Ignition has any fans on these boards

Demon's Souls Dark Souls is the alpha and the omega and my personal savior so I need to carve through its predecessor eventually

And of course when Dark Souls II is released on March 14th I will make such slow yet passionate love to that game

Those four are enough to start but I have dozens of these last gen stragglers
    Last edited by Tyler_Durden; 22 Feb 2014 at 04:55 PM.

The majority of the real What Are You Playing thread is last gen.

3. I'm interested in finding out which leftovers people have from last gen. As in now that the new generation is out, which games from last gen did you never get to, and which ones are you playing through now?

But yeah, true, I should probably just read that thread

4. Just finished up playing through Brothers and Crysis 3, and am finishing up Metro: Last Light before I start playing Remember Me & Catherine. Basically anything PS+ is giving me for free I'm playing through, plus games on extreme sales on 360 digital download.

I'll be playing South Park & Dark Souls 2 starting next month.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

5. He could start a "what current gen games are you playing" thread, but it would never get posts.
    Not that any of his threads deserve them anyway.

I'm slowly making my way through the Dynasty Warrior games so I can get to the one SSJN sent me for the gift exchange. I also occasionally dip back to MGS4 because it's the greatest game ever holy shit. Fat Princess is also fun (support role only), and I've plans for a Catherine run through this week because Rebecca is out of town and it'll be less weird than playing it while she's here.

Outside of that the main game I'm playing is an MMO called Cryptocurrency. Probably the best one I've ever played. Most everyone has leveled up so far that a lot of the worlds aren't that fun anymore, but new ones are added every couple days. It's pretty cool.

7. Final Fantasy XIII (PS3) - Like it, I probably paradigm shift too much to make it seem like I'm doing something.

On the backburner:
    Last Of Us
    Ni No Kuni
    Metal Gear Rising (360)
    Bulletstorm (360)
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

Skip all that bullshit and play Metal Gear Rising.

9. IAWTP

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    a Catherine run through
    A brief conversation with Chux prompted me to start this game right now. Guaranteed I'll play through it and not sleep all night.

(I love that people still use my stfu image)