Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: Persona 5 OFFICIAL THREAD (PS3, PS4)

1. Q is awesome
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

2. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    I think you'd like Q, too.

The thing I hate about Persona games is talking to NPCs and enemies. I don't want to talk to anyone, least of all enemies. I can't stand that "guess what item I like and what phase of the moon I'd most like it in" stuff. I want to look at nice menus and I want interpersonal and interdemonal transactions to be negotiated through face-punching and the-shit-out-of kicking.

And that's all Q is.
    Probably! I like Etrian and it's kinda like that, right? I didn't know that was out in English.

3. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    Shut up you're going to make buy it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gus_do_it_faggot_by_theunholycockbucket-d5dcvb8.jpg 
Views:	290 
Size:	120.4 KB 
ID:	75987

4. Bitch I might.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Tain View Post
    Probably! I like Etrian and it's kinda like that, right? I didn't know that was out in English.
    It is, but without FAQ-necessitating skill trees. Party customization is a lot friendlier here than it is in Etrian. Friendlier than the first one anyway--I didn't play after that.

6. Quote Originally Posted by No One View Post
    Isn't 4 on PSN now? Get on it!

Edit: Atlus has actually gotten a lot better about making their stuff relatively easy to obtain. Back in the PSX/early PS2 days their games had prohibitively small print runs. If you didn't get it at launch, you usually didn't get it at all.
    I'd prefer to have Golden given the added content but I suppose I'll have to take what I can get.

7. When a company puts THEIR GAME'S MENU UI in said game's long-awaited trailer - and their fans are ecstatic that they did so - you know shit is real.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

If all UIs looked that damn good, I would be thrilled if trailers showed them off.

9. Persona marks the first time where I want to read interviews with their UI designers more than the rest of the staff of a game.

10. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me
    I think you'd like Q, too.

The thing I hate about Persona games is talking to NPCs and enemies. I don't want to talk to anyone, least of all enemies. I can't stand that "guess what item I like and what phase of the moon I'd most like it in" stuff. I want to look at nice menus and I want interpersonal and interdemonal transactions to be negotiated through face-punching and the-shit-out-of kicking.

And that's all Q is.
    I'm with you on demon negotiations being bullshit, but uh Persona 3 and 4 don't have that, so...

Vehemently disagree on NPCs. The visual novel element of P3/4 is so much more interesting than the bland dungeons, though they're an integral part of the experience as well. I always go the "rip the band-aid off" route, marathon the dungeons in 1 or 2 visits ASAP so I can get back to Social Linkin' without that mess hanging over me.

Granted, Q does have way better dungeons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    I'd prefer to have Golden given the added content but I suppose I'll have to take what I can get.
    Only thing of any appreciable value gained in Golden is being able to pick inheritances, rather than backing in and out of the fusion screen until you get the skill transfers you want. Marie's awful, gardening is inconsequential, and the bike/skiing bits are fluff.

It's a much less of a dealbreaker difference than P3P giving you full party control and a superior alternate protagonist.