Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61618192021 LastLast

Thread: Persona 5 OFFICIAL THREAD (PS3, PS4)

1. Quote Originally Posted by mollipen View Post
    Any generation, really—at least in terms of the visual stylishness that's woven throughout the game. It's amazing how far ahead Atlus is in that regard compared to every other RPG company out there.
    Like how did Star Ocean 5 suck so bad and feel so lifeless and empty and a year later this fucking masterpiece comes out? How is Atlus this much fucking better than Tri-Ace, and fuck everyone else, now?

2. Persona 5 OFFICIAL THREAD (PS3, PS4)

I don't know about masterpiece. It's too long by a third, and in an 80 hour game that's a lot of rereading the same dialog.
    Boo, Hiss.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    Like how did Star Ocean 5 suck so bad and feel so lifeless and empty and a year later this fucking masterpiece comes out? How is Atlus this much fucking better than Tri-Ace, and fuck everyone else, now?
    In fairness, this arrives within a couple months of Nier Automata, Final Fantasy XV and Tales of Berseria, so it's a strong-ass quarter for J-RPGs, regardless of whatever tri-Ace is doing.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    In fairness, this arrives within a couple months of Nier Automata, Final Fantasy XV and Tales of Berseria, so it's a strong-ass quarter for J-RPGs, regardless of whatever tri-Ace is doing.
    I just ordered Berseria and Zestiria and while I was only expecting Tales level stuff from them, they're gonna feel like a big step back after this, I just know it.

XV was good, but it wasn't half this polished or deep.

5. XV wasn't in actual development for as long.
    P4 was pretty slick too, and Tokyo Mirage Sessions on Wii U was probably the best between P4 Golden and P5. It certainly looks super nice, but they didn't suddenly get there, they've been building to it for a long time.

6. Persona 5 OFFICIAL THREAD (PS3, PS4)

Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    I don't know about masterpiece. It's too long by a third, and in an 80 hour game that's a lot of rereading the same dialog.
    Actually, I argue that P5 was too short. It's obvious that things start getting really rushed at the end.

I beat it in 105, and think it needed an extra 15 or so.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

7. Man, what a ride. Part of me really wants to get right back on, but a bigger part is saying no way, yeah it's awesome but way too long and we've got so many others to try.

Between this and Zelda, GotY is gonna be one tough call.

Also: what happens the day after Valentine's is a bigger nightmare than the end boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

8. After 100 hours I made it to the last dungeon, but now I've hit a wall. I beat every other boss easily, but now I feel under-leveled. There's no way to level up, really, since there's no way to recover SP once you're in the last dungeon. What do I do? Am I fucked? Do I have to load a save from 10 hours back and spend my last days power leveling?

9. What level are you and which boss? There may be a way to recover SP that you missed, and while the last few bosses of the game were tough but doable as long as you had a good set of persona.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

10. Not even at the bosses, I keep getting killed by regular ass enemies that run in from off camera and ambush me and then brainwash my team until I die.