Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WildStar (PC)

My wife received a beta key and seems to be deeply enjoying the game, if for no other reason than the Chua.

She's now had some of her art featured on this podcast thing.

Sorta neat.

e: I suppose I should provide a link to at least one of the items in question, since the video showcases many pieces. Here's one.
    Last edited by dog$; 04 Apr 2014 at 12:38 AM.

3. I've played 2 weekend betas of this after pre-ordering it. I'm still on the fence about keeping that pre-order.

On the one hand, it's a new IP and an MMO with a focus on twitchy, skill-based combat. They have a heavy PvE focus and some of the raid content I've seen seems insane. On the other hand, it's optimized very poorly at the moment, and the game runs the risk of just flat out failing once WoD comes out. That and the questing/developer mindset seems stuck in the BC days of "Make things hard to do because reasons."

4. Weirdly enough, now that Elder Scrolls Online is out and this is nearing release after having put some time into it I'm the most interested in the new WoW expansion. I think I want to like this game more than I actually enjoy it. It already has the feeling of been-there-done-that and other aspects like sprinting and ye olde flight paths are just dumb.

I'm sure I'll pick it up at some point. The preorder bonuses do look cool.

5. Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kodai.gif 
Views:	203 
Size:	43.8 KB 
ID:	73868  

6. So did anyone bother with this? $60 is too rich for me right now but I still have a vague interest.

What I played during beta didn't hook me enough to warrant a subscription.

8. I also played the beta for a little while and didn't even bother to post about it.

9. Ah well, maybe when it goes F2P.

10. My brother and I bought into it since he would literally die I didn't play it with him. It was 45 bucks from GMG: I'm sure you can get that deal now also.

Questing is some real garbagey Burning Crusade level shit. Next to no voice acting, standard kill/fetch stuff. You will not be wowed by the game's first like, 15 levels, which is a shame because that's exactly what's gonna turn 90% of people away.

Once you open up the PvP battlegrounds at 15 and the first Adventure, the game begins to crack open. The combat with all the telegraphs is definitely the strongest part of the game. The dungeons are hard too, with some nice mechanics. Raid fights, if done well, will be awesome mayhem.

So much needless gating and grinding of shit, though. Have you seen the attunement for the first fucking raid? It's a 20 step attunement complete with rep grind, silver dungeon/adventure runs and world boss kills. This is discounting the 40 man raid, which I imagine nary a soul will ever touch, and not in a fun, Vanilla WoW kind of way. More like a "we spent 4 months making this raid that maybe 500 people will play" kind of way.
    Last edited by George; 02 Jun 2014 at 04:57 PM.