Page 1 of 33 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Batman: Arkham Knight (PC, PS4, One)

Batman: Arkham Knight (PC, PS4, One)

Quote Originally Posted by IGN
    Sleuths at website VideoGamer.com discovered a listing for a game called Batman: Arkham Knight on the website of British retailer GAME. It appears that developer Rocksteady has indeed been working on a new Batman game, and it will launch later this year.

According to VideoGamer.com, the listing notes that Arkham Knight is the “explosive finale” to the revived Batman videogame series started by Rocksteady with 2009’s Batman: Arkham Asylum. Scarecrow, Penguin, Two-Face, and Harley Quinn are confirmed villains that will appear in the game.

Interestingly, the GAME listing also purportedly talks about “Rocksteady’s uniquely designed version of the Batmobile, which is drivable for the first time in the franchise.” It seems that the Batmobile will be usable in addition to the normal exploration found in previous iterations in the series (such as the ability to “soar across the skyline of the entirety of Gotham City”).

It was only days ago that word of a new Batman game started to leak via promotional items sent to game stores. It has long been rumored that Rocksteady was working on a next-gen Batman game, however, as WB Montreal took over Arkham duties with 2013's Batman: Arkham Origins, conceivably to give Rocksteady time to work on its new title.
    Link

I'm all about driving the Batmobile around Gotham.

2. Sure, I'll do this dance one more time. Not sure this series really has anywhere else to go without delving deep into the mostly ignored detective aspects, but I'll put in for driving the Batmobile around.

3. Nice. No cross-gen horseshit. Origins was a stumble, but not horrible, glad to see it back in Rocksteady's capable hands.

4. Not sure I give a shit about Batmobile sections. As long as I can still be running along roof tops and gliding from building to building I'll be happy.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

5. Where I play
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

6. Looks like there's going to be Batmobile chase sequences through an empty Gotham......do not want.
    Last edited by Shin Johnpv; 04 Mar 2014 at 11:30 AM.
    Where I play

7. Looks to me like there's more interest in creating CG movies than the games themselves. City and Origin were the same way - the marketing hype well outshined the final product.

You may say..."but, Next Gen" but all that means is we're gonna get a Prettier Arkham City. Dunno if I wanna pay $400+ for just that. I get why the story excuse of an abandoned Gotham though - less shit Rocksteady needs to worry about. Plus it's not like City or Origin were bustling with citizens anyway. Plus this promise of using the Batmobile is not that big of a deal, if you have so much more mobility just ziplining around.

To be fair though, that is a very pretty hype movie and those covers are really nice too. WB knows how to work it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    Looks to me like there's more interest in creating CG movies than the games themselves. City and Origin were the same way - the marketing hype well outshined the final product.
    That's some damn fine marketing to upstage the best super hero game ever.

9. I ignored the hype and didn't watch or look at any of the lead up promo stuff for City and thought it was a pretty good game. If you really have an issue with that then you should probably do the same.

I'm not watching that video, I've already played two games in a row from this company that use the same structure. I'm sure it'll be fine, no need to spoil myself.

10. The Arkham games are not what I think of when it comes to games that just wanna be movies.