Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1424262728293032 ... LastLast

Thread: Batman: Arkham Knight (PC, PS4, One)

1. I'm working on Riddler cleanup now, god there's so many of these damn things.

Otherwise I've beat everything else and I must say this game isn't even close to the level of Asylum or City. I think the biggest problem was the lack of good boss fights. Almost all of the boss fights in the game are terrible car/tank battles and the few that are not just aren't that great. Nothing comes even remotely close to the level of awesome that was the Freeze fight in City.

It was a decent game still, but I'd put it just barely above Origins. I doubt I'll ever have the desire to go back and play this one again like I have with Asylum and City.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

2. Eh, pretty much all the boss battles suck in all the games. Freeze was a highlight, sure, but the rest were never worth talking about in the first place (at least in a good way).

3. I'd say City was pretty great all around boss fight wise. Freeze, Grundy, Ras, and Clayface all pop in my mind right away as memorable fights.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

4. Memorable because they looked cool, not because of the mechanics.

5. The fuck are you talking about, the Mr. Freeze fight was memorable only because of the mechanics.

6. I had already mentioned Freeze as a standout, I was talking about the rest.

7. The Grundy fight had pretty neat mechanics to it as well.

All the scarecrow boss battles in Asylum were quite neat as well. There have been a lot of fun boss battles in the series. Knight has absolutely no good boss fights which is a massive negative.
    Last edited by bbobb; 29 Jun 2015 at 05:18 PM.

8. Wasn't Grundy just dodge 10 times, hit the weak point on the floor, repeat over and over until dead?

9. Well it was dodging and taking out floor week points yes because if you didn't he'd just fill back up to full health, but it was an interesting twist on the normal combat mechanics (looking at you horrible Titan Joker fight).

Oh and maybe there is one non tank/car boss fight in Knight, it seems like Riddler may be one but I'm not even close to all the damned trophies so I don't know yet.

10. Finished with 90-some percent, missing a couple firefighters, couple street bombs, and so much stupid Riddler crap. Probably going to mop up those first two soon.

Kind of disappointed in the amount of unlockable outfits, and that there's a batmobile skin they'll only let you look at but not equip (unless you mod the PC version). Also really thought they were going to go further with alternate selectable characters, more in the vein of Catwoman in City. Ah well.