Page 1 of 23 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing? (Spring, 2014)

What Are You Playing? (Spring, 2014)

This winter sucked throughout most of the country, so good riddance to it. Here are the too many games I am trying to play concurrently and thus not finishing any of them:

Batman: Arkham Origins (PC) - My daughter loves this series, so I tend to play it when she comes in and asks me to play a game. I'm not very far yet and haven't seen one of the investigations to which I am really looking forward. Otherwise, it's more of the same, which really isn't a bad thing.

Legend of Zelda (NES via 3DS VC via Ambassador Program) - I can't adequately explain why, but about a week ago I got in my head that I needed to actually finish this game. GohanX can attest to how monumental a task that is for me. I am through two dungeons so far and am only using an overworld map in terms of "cheating." I figure I would have had access to that in Nintendo Power back in 1987 anyway.

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (3DS) - This is about as slowly as I've played a game that I like as much as this one. I think it's portable-designed, bite-sized levels are working against it, because I tend to put down games at obvious stopping point like that. If each mansion was one huge level, I'd probably have beaten it by now easily.

Shin Megami Tensei (iOS) - Don't make the mistake I did. Before starting the game, I went into the options and put the text speed to fast. About five minutes in, maybe less, I was asked a question I could not possibly answer, because the fast text literally skipped a screen. At that point, I hit the home button and checked my Twitter feed. I'll try again once I am stuck somewhere without access to all of these other games I shouldn't be playing at the same time.

South Park: The Stick of Truth (PC) - I don't like this one as much as I thought I would. I think the fact that it's a really basic JRPG is overtaking the fact that it's South Park fan service for me. So far I made it through the first day. It's very well done for what it is, so I'll probably finish it in the next week or so, but it's headed for 7/10 territory, which is a bit of a disappointment.

Maybe I should go outside tomorrow. It's going to be 68!

Yoshi's face when playing Zelda: So good.

I can't imagine how good II is going to seem after making myself finish the original. By "finish," I mean first quest; I have limits to my masochism.

4. Just think about all the people who like to beat Zelda games with the stock 3 hearts.

I laugh at them because they've never touched a boob.

6. Dark Souls 2 is the only game I need.

La Pucelle. Still working on this. The grind isn't so bad as the energy path randomization keeps things fresh, but my patience for it is beginning to wear thin. I keep it going as it's easy enough to slog through first thing in the morning while doing exercise.

Borderlands 2. Lent the GOTY add on disc to the other friends who are playing, so that saves them some money. Otherwise, there's no way in hell I'm playing this independently. There is far too much walking around empty space and too few enemy encounters to make it something which I would want to spend my own time on playing. I'm also still very much not a fan of the traditional FPS trappings of never knowing where your character will land from a jump and not being aware of when you're walking backwards into a hazard or obstacle. At least in playing a Mechromancer I have a character who is not completely worthless no matter how much I personally stumble uselessly around.

Diablo 3 PS3. Only doing this at times when I turn the PS3 on to enter BL2 shift codes or when my wife wants to have something to play with me, so not very frequently at all at this point. No real reason to do so by now, though I've had a few fortunate drops still come around. My Wiz and my wife's Barb are at 450K+ unbuffed sheet damage. Doing multiboxing with two dummy characters who have Puzzle Rings equipped keeps things interesting.

8. LUFTRAUSERS-

Stop what you're doing and BUY THIS FUCKING GAME.

This game is Time Pilot fucking Geometry Wars with Heavy Weapon's cock. Made by the Ridiculous Fishing guys for PC and PS3/Vita. It works with controllers on PC but still a quickie port. Worth the 10 bucks. Loads of fun.

9. Diablo 3 - i got a crossbow that raised my damage by 40%. I am level 43 and have better gear than the level 61 stuff dog$ handed to me way back. I have a good feeling about Reaper of Souls. I would like to get at least one character to 60 by release, but we will see.

BTW I tried Torchlight 2. It sucks.

10. TL2 gets better the more time you give it. Engineers are fun in that game.