Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Yumi's Odd Odyssey ~Sayonara Umihara Kawase~ (3DS eShop)

1. Yumi's Odd Odyssey ~Sayonara Umihara Kawase~ (3DS eShop)

Several generations later, this comes out.

As in: It's OUT. NOW.

desu.

2. Listen. I'm going to be nice. This game looks like absolute shit, and $30 is a fucking joke.

I see 2 assholes playing it though.

3. It is pretty ugly and $30 is a bit much
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

4. Bbobb and Chox are ugly in their hearts

Mzo says the SFam game is better but i like this one a lot
    Donk

5. Also

It probably hasn't been selling well since i'm in the top 20 in nearly every level, top 10 for a lot of them, and #1 for one of the exits (i was doing better until Mzo bumped me back)

But there's a lot of game here and it's not a budget release. The game actually looks nice in a Playstation 1 kind of way, though some levels chug when the 3D is turned up.

NO, I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE GOING TO SAY, UGLY HEARTS YOU HAVE UGLY HEARTS YOUR DOCTOR SAID YOU HAVE TWO WEEKS TO LIVE BECAUSE OF YOUR UGLY HEART
    Donk

6. I'll cave at some point. This trend of sidestepping physical releases and still charging full retail can fuck itself.

I made it 21 seconds into the video. This makes those lazy, 8 and 16-bit sprite work games look amazing. Lazy sprites beat lazy polygons any day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Low View Post
    This trend of sidestepping physical releases and still charging full retail can fuck itself.
    That's completely misstating the problem. This game has no business being released for $30 regardless of where or how you buy it. I guess I understand the digital phobia on Nintendo hardware, which maybe not coincidentally seems to be the only place these full-priced, digital-only releases occur.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 21 Mar 2014 at 08:33 AM.

8. Is this Bionic Commando with fish and chips?

9. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post

That's completely misstating the problem. This game has no business being released for $30 regardless of where or how you buy it. I guess I understand the digital phobia on Nintendo hardware, which maybe not coincidentally seems to be the only place these full-priced, digital-only releases occur.
    The 3DS and Vita both share this problem. As far as the graphics, it looks in line with prior designs and its the studio that published Code of Princess so I'd be amazed if they could manage a stable frame rate.

On Vita, it's a completely irrational phobia, because the account-based ownership is set up pretty much correctly. I only wish you could have multiple profiles on one memory card. That said, I'm not even aware of anything that is full-priced and digital only on Vita, which is likely a combination of what types of games are and the fact that I don't own any physical Vita games anyway.

edit: And I still think this looks worse technically than the PS1 version:

I know the 3DS is underpowered, but it's not PS1 level underpowered.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 21 Mar 2014 at 09:13 AM.