Page 1 of 6 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Infamous: Second Son

1. Infamous: Second Son

We don't have a thread for this apparently. Out today, for the hungry PS4 owner.

I always enjoyed the original Infamous. While I never thought it was the 9/10 that some people gave it, and the story and moral choice aspects weren't great, it was just fun to stomp around a giant city with amazing superpowers. Second Son looks to take that up a notch by giving you access to four completely different power sets, and a realistic recreation of the city of Seattle.

I've just started and so far it blows away the original. The graphics are the best I've ever seen, and the gameplay itself is pure fun. Too early to comment on story, but what's there is nicely presented and very cinematic.

2. Redbox starts getting PS4/XO games today. I will rent it from there.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    The graphics are the best I've ever seen
    What's the qualifier here?

I love that now if I wait a few minutes someone else will make at least part of my post for me.

"Pure fun" sounds like a Nintendo apologist who can't be objective.

This is Sony's Crackdown, and that should absolutely not be taken as a compliment.

The Wii U still has more useful exclusives than the PS4 and One combined. That should not be taken as a compliment either.

</peerios>

5. I wouldn't call this Sony's Crackdown. This at least has a story, and The Verge(I think?) said it was the best X-Men video game without being called X-Men(mutant persecution). The Wii U is still the better console though, for sure.

6. The Infamous series is not nearly as good as Crackdown.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    I wouldn't call this Sony's Crackdown.
    Of course not, because Crackdown had good control and fun multiplayer.

Dammit I really didn't come in here to shit on this series again but it's just so easy

8. The WiiU wishes it had games as good as Crackdown

9. Crackdown had good control? Whaaaat?

Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    I wouldn't call this Sony's Crackdown. This at least has a story
    Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    Of course not, because Crackdown had good control and fun multiplayer.
    Maybe we can Frankenstein Infamous and Crackdown together to get one good game.

Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    The Verge(I think?) said it was the best X-Men video game without being called X-Men(mutant persecution).
    Not unless it has this hidden on the disc:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1674235-xmen_2.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	32.6 KB 
ID:	73745