Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Argyle Sweater

1. Quote Originally Posted by Type Ryan View Post
    Bruce Wayne was an only child 0/10 for inaccurate portrayal

2. Legend speaks of a vengeful spirit, the spectral remains of the foulest comic ever to infest the web. As other comics enjoyed great success, some even inspiring enormous gatherings where their readers would travel from all over the world to meet their creators, this comic languished in obscurity, until finally its own creator abandoned it. Left to die, it became a ghost, and now it wanders the earth seeking promising writers and artists to possess. When it finds one, it feasts on their talent and drives them to destroy any potential career they might have had by inflicting humorless dreck like this upon the world, as its vengeance for being spurned while it lived. No one dares speak its name in the open light of day, but find a victim whom it has long since ruined, huddled around a trashcan fire on a cold winter's night, ask them what malign spirit led them to their present misery, and you may well hear the dread whisper of... "Robobo."

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

I think The Oatmeal is pretty putrid as well, but people seem to like it.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

4. The only time The Oatmeal misses its mark for me is when it starts to scream "ISN'T THIS TRRRUUUUUUEEEEEE?"

Terrifying breakfast.

5. Damn. You guys have the same non-existent sense of humor as my friend's ex-wife. Boo.
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill

6. To be fair, you opened by comparing it to The Far Side. You set the bar impossibly high.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    To be fair, you opened by comparing it to The Far Side. You set the bar impossibly high.
    True, dat.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    To be fair, you opened by comparing it to The Far Side. You set the bar impossibly high.
    I get that. No one will ever replace Gary Larson, but still.

I guess I'm the only one who appreciates dry humor.
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill

9. These are like the worst of the worst Far Side strips, but worse.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Type Ryan View Post
    I guess I'm the only one who appreciates dry humor.
    That's most definitely not it.