Page 42 of 65 FirstFirst ... 283840414243444656 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Major League Baseball Thread

1. Brewers beat Greinke and Kershaw. Excellent.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

2. This Pete Rose stuff shortly before a commissioner transition sure is interesting

3. Murray Chass (lead blowhard in the "won't vote for anyone who did roids to the HOF even if there is no proof" crowd) told Jonah Keri that he is fine with greenies, even if they were performance enhancing and widespread in the MLB at one time. The mind boggles.

4. too many people with voting rights being stupid

I'd love to see All of the Hall of Fame admission criteria be made more objective. We have a large and growing list of metrics to evaluate guys that normalize for most (but admittedly not all) outside factors. Can't we at least narrow the voting field using those?

6. El Walko Jimenez has got to go. Duquette needs to just swallow that one and move on. Chris Davis is a paradox. Fucker batted .154 in August, but drove in 17 runs with 7 HR. Dude is top 10 HR and top 25 in RBI in all of MLB. W. T. F!?!!?? He's like that hot girlfriend you know is bad for you, but you don't do anything about it because she's fucking hot and the sex is amazing.

Home stretch is about to begin. Going to the afternoon Yanks/O's makeup game Sept 12 with my dad for Jeter's last O's series at Camden Yards. Quintessential baseball experience. Went with my dad to the last night game at Memorial Stadium, so I'm looking forward to this one.
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill

7. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I'd love to see All of the Hall of Fame admission criteria be made more objective. We have a large and growing list of metrics to evaluate guys that normalize for most (but admittedly not all) outside factors. Can't we at least narrow the voting field using those?
    Yeah, if the BBWAA would get their heads out of their asses.
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453

8. Quote Originally Posted by raystorm View Post
    So Tampa Bay is at .500. They were 18 games below .500 at one point and look at them now. Orioles lost a tough game to Cleveland last night. Oakland is stinkin' up the joint and the Halos are just a game back. Mariners are in the middle of a nice run.

KC is still rockin' and rollin'. I hope the Royals can make a big run. Fuck Detroit.

NL Central is a bit tight at the moment. Fuck the Cardinals.

Mets stink.
    Tampa Bay has been a terrible roller coaster this year. They started the season with what appeared to be the best team they ever put out there and then ended up in a hole early on. They dug themselves out with a crazy good run but then reverted. Between the Phillies and the Rays this year, the Baseball Gods have clearly not had my interests in mind. At least Tampa Bay can come back firing next year and give it another shot. God only knows when the Phillies will be good again. Ruben Amaro Jr. took a great starting point to his career as a GM with a highly flexible payroll at his disposal and managed to tank what should have continued to have been a great team for many more years after 2011. How he still has a job is completely beyond me and any conventional wisdom that has clearly shown he is terrible at his job.
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453

9. Ruben Amaro Jr. is one of the worst GMs I have ever seen. He's up there with Isiah Thomas.

10. Braves just got no hit by the Phils (a combined no-no).

Mariners suspend Jesus Montero for the remainder of the season for an altercation with a scout. The issues began when the scout supposedly sent Montero an ice cream sandwich. LOL

Gorgeous defense by the Mets today against the Marlins. At least Dilson Herrera hit his first homer.