Page 61 of 65 FirstFirst ... 47575960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Major League Baseball Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by Type Ryan View Post
    Good luck in the World Series, KC. The 2004 Red Sox the Orioles are not.
    But KC might meet the 2014 equivalent of the 2007 Red Sox.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Brisco Bold View Post
    But KC might meet the 2014 equivalent of the 2007 Red Sox.
    I hope not. I've been pulling for them since they clinched the Wild Card spot. I like the Orioles too but they're done. It's a shame that Pittsburgh got knocked out by the Giants and that Washington and the Dodgers got knocked out too. Out of the two NL teams remaining, I do not care to see either of them win the World Series at all.

In other baseball news: http://news.yahoo.com/dodgers-hire-a...9310--spt.html

This is very disappointing to me. Since "officially adopting" the Rays as my AL team and becoming a real fan; I had high hopes. This season did not go well but I have faith that they'll return in better shape next season. I don't know how much longer that will last now that Friedman is departing though. He is perhaps one of the best minds in baseball and has been able to put together a good Rays team nearly every year since 2008 with one of the lowest payrolls in the game. The large majority of their trades were very smart, they drafted smart, and developed their players well. I can't even imagine what he'll be able to do with the Dodgers payroll if he's given full control over the roster. I became a Rays fan because they were so much fun to watch every year and I really admired how the team was run and how Joe Maddon managed. I didn't think it could potentially end so soon
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453

3. Quote Originally Posted by Type Ryan View Post
    Good luck in the World Series, KC. The 2004 Red Sox the Orioles are not.
    It's not over yet, as a true fan you have to believe this team can win 4 straight, it's not like their getting blown out by KC. A few guys need to start hitting like they are capable and they can make it tough on KC.

I'll be pulling for the AL in the series but I've waited a long time to give up all hope, four wins is not impossible.

4. Maybe if some things went the O's way I'd be a lot more optimistic, but they haven't. It's over. Statistically, it's over. I don't have any delusions of grandeur. They had a great year and it was a success in my book. However, there's no way the O's are coming back to win 2 more in KC with their hot batters/speed/defense/bullpen, then 2 more in Baltimore to win it all. The O's bats have gone cold and the pitchers are starting to show some wear. The O's are a great team, but the Royals are proving to be the team of density, I mean, destiny.
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill

5. Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    Since "officially adopting" the Rays as my AL team and becoming a real fan
    Hmm

6. Congrats, KC. Small ball 'em for a WS victory.

7. Sucks for the Os fans here. I am happy for the Royals fans. Such a long time since they were in the World Series. I'm a National League guy all the way but this time I'll root for the Royals. Good for them!

8. Congrats Royals. I'll root for ya. Giants and Cards bore me.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

9. Quote Originally Posted by Brisco Bold View Post
    The ALCS did not go as expected.
    Kansas City just keeps winning. I wonder if they'll be footing another huge bar tab tonight?

10. Local radio calls them the Kansas City Brewers. Lol, a bunch of former players and manager is about as close as we will get to a World Series.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle