Thread: Natural Doctrine (PS3, PS4, PSV)

Natural Doctrine (PS3, PS4, PSV)

Quote Originally Posted by IGN
    Today, IGN can reveal that Natural Doctrine -- the slick-looking strategy-RPG -- will be released in western markets. The game was developed by Kadokawa Games and launches in Japan on PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation Vita on April 3rd. Kadokawa is publishing the game itself in Japan; in the west, NIS will publish it.

Natural Doctrine puts players in a fictional world that revolves around a substance known as Pluton. Adventurers plunder Pluton from dangerous underground caverns, but there are evil and dangerous beasts, monsters, and more standing in between them and their loot. As evil follows these explorers to the surface, it's up to them to protect the city of Feste from destruction.

In some ways, Natural Doctrine seems to be most akin to games like Final Fantasy Tactics, Advance Wars, and even Valkyria Chronicles. It will be available in the fall of 2014 in both North America and Europe and can be purchased both digitally and at retail for all three PlayStation platforms. The game comes toting both Cross-Play and Cross-Save functionality, though it's unclear if there will be any sort of Cross-Buy between the versions.
    Link

I wonder what the game looks like.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

Squares or hexagons?

4. What previous game have they done that I am unaware of that was worth a shit and should give me any hope for this one?

6. Judging by those screenshots, it must be coming out for PS2 as well.

7. Pretty abysmal reviews for this one in Japan ranging from it looks like a game from 2 decades ago to the difficulty level and lack of skip for cutscenes are highly irritating. I've seen it in the discount bins for more than half off already.
    Become History
    Awesome stuff I'm selling | Backloggery | Tumblr
    2013 Completion (2): PC (1), 360 (1)