Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: H1Z1 (PC, PS4)

1. I don't care what it looks like. I'm just glad we finally have a game that dares to ask, "What would it be like to survive a zombie apocalypse?"

2. I get it.

But really, all of these open online survival games are janky as hell and I was hoping this would be the first one to be somewhat polished.

In Early Access?

4. As far as the baseline production values, yes even in early access.

5. >Buy game
    >Download
    >Short masturbation intermission
    >Done Downloading
    >Signs up
    >Logs in
    >Hits play
    >Error
    10/10 would error again
    Do you have a liking for looking at menus and staring at the same screen several times and loading up a game possibly over 100 times in just 30 minutes? This game is perfect for you. My personal favourites are games in which I can explore just 1 stream and be redirected to error messages multiples times.

You may be asking yourself, "why did this guy buy the game to look at error messages, why not use google?" - I did think about doing this however I have already witnessed all of the error mesages and menus that there are on the internet and I wanted to see the feeling and happiness of staring at a menu over and over again just to be let down with an error message.

With a great picture of a HD axe in the bottom left and the game title "H1Z1" in the middle of your screen, you have all the time in the world to check out the art work before being redirected to a new page in which you will recieve the all famous "Error: G99" - That is my favourite part of the game, looking at the error message and seeing how it can change someones life in such short time and create such a huge connection with the player.
    ilu Steam reviews.

Maybe when it launches as F2P I'll install it just to see if it's not as horribly generic as it looks, but this doesn't look good enough to spend money on.

6. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    I don't care what it looks like. I'm just glad we finally have a game that dares to ask, "What would it be like to survive a zombie apocalypse?"

Yeah it's definitely the first of it's kind.

7. Ridiculous.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	H1Z1.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	341.2 KB 
ID:	75862  
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

8. This is hilarious. Like Sony didn't know the type of dorks they were selling this game to. Hint: the type of people who would make an image like the one above.

9. Airdrops are a great mechanic for these games.

Paid airdrops probably aren't.

With all of the above nonsense already fixed, I predictably caved and am giving this a shot. I like what I've seen so far. The only bug I have encountered is a zombie walking through a tree, which seems reasonable for an alpha. I've discovered roughly a dozen crafting recipes so far. Metal is by far the hardest component to come by, because you can't just go chop down a tree to get it. My first significant goal is to salvage enough metal to build a shelter that can lock. That will give me a place to store my materials without having my inventory completely full like it is now.

If anyone else winds up getting it, I'm on Redmoon to learn the mechanics, since it's a PvE server. I may switch to a PvP one once I know what the hell I am doing, but the point for me isn't to interact with the same type of douchebags who would invade your game in Demon's Souls or whatever.

My long term concern is what will keep me playing. Once I build a post-apocalyptic paradise for myself, what else is there to achieve? Hopefully they add badges and the like from SWG, as well as more challenging enemies to go hunt and loot.