Thread: PAX South

1. PAX South

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

That is such an odd choice for a host city. If you were going to have it in Texas, why not Austin, where all the technical stuff is centered? If you wanted to have it in the more traditional south (as opposed to southwest), why not Raleigh/Durham, where all of the technical stuff is centered? I guess Boston isn't exactly a tech mecca either.

3. Probably because it's cheaper.

4. They're going to cannibalize their own shows. South and East are only a month(ish) apart. Exhibitors aren't travelling and setting up booths for free. Nintendo and Sony both didn't come to East this year, so I don't know what else they're going to try to do.

They're trying to relieve pressure from a convention that sold out in like 30 mins in the middle of they day.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    They're going to cannibalize their own shows. South and East are only a month(ish) apart. Exhibitors aren't travelling and setting up booths for free. Nintendo and Sony both didn't come to East this year, so I don't know what else they're going to try to do.
    Or they will cannibalize other regional shows.

If people come, exhibitors will find a way right? Maybe companies like Gearbox won't come east because of this, but that's a good thing.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    They're trying to relieve pressure from a convention that sold out in like 30 mins in the middle of they day.
    As long as it keeps assholes like ShinMyk out of East I'm all for it.

8. BTW, I've been to San Antonio in summer, it's hell on earth. So putting it in January is really smart, unless a winter storm happens to come along and make travel difficult.

As for why not Austin, I'm guessing SA has a bigger convention center? IIRC that's why they went with Boston for East.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids