Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 38

Thread: Best Games of the Pre-Crash and Crash Eras

  1. My first console was a 2600 too, but now that I think of it, I have no idea how we got it. I only remember playing it (the usual suspects, Pitfall, Pole Position, Dig Dug, Pac Man, that tank game with 20 variations of the same thing), like it just came with the house or something. My sister is 6 years older than me, I've never asked her about it. I'd be surprised if she asked for one, but when she did play videogames (no where near as much as I did), she was really good at them.

  2. I was lucky that my Mom was into games. She put the 2600 downstairs in the living room but kept her Colecovision in the bedroom and I was only allowed to play it while she was around. Probably scared I'd destroy her precious new game machine. The only game other than Donkey Kong I remember really playing on it was something that involved washing windows on the outside of buildings.
    BUY MY GAMES! [~Video Game Print Ads - Twitter - My DS Collection! ~] Currently Playing: Rocket League & CoD Black Ops 3 (X1), SW Force Collection (mobile), SolForge (PC)

  3. Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    Apple II, Atari 8-bit, and C64. And some European computers but I doubt you played those versions.
    I'll ask my parents - when I mentioned that I got 5200 their eyes lit up, and talked about playing Pong, Space Invader, and my dad remembered Miner 2049er perfectly. I'm beginning to think they'd remember which computer we had. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Timber View Post
    I was lucky that my Mom was into games. She put the 2600 downstairs in the living room but kept her Colecovision in the bedroom and I was only allowed to play it while she was around. Probably scared I'd destroy her precious new game machine. The only game other than Donkey Kong I remember really playing on it was something that involved washing windows on the outside of buildings.
    The only game that comes close to that description is Crazy Climber.


  5. I absolutely loved Crazy Climber. I've always hoped for a home release that takes advantage of the dual analog set-up. Great, now I'm jonesing for a home port of that and Jack the Giant Killer.
    Last edited by Glass Joe; 15 Apr 2014 at 08:13 AM.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post

    Infocom text adventures (8-bit computers)
    My bud had the C64 version of Hitchikers Guide, the stuff they put in that box was ridiculous, and the best overall game package I've seen to this day.

  7. I loved War Games on Colecovision. If I went back to it today, it would probably be a lot worse than I remember so I won't have a look.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Glass Joe View Post
    I absolutely loved Crazy Climber. I've always hoped for a home release that takes advantage of the dual analog set-up. Great, now I'm jonesing for a home port of that and Jack the Giant Killer.
    I've only played the arcade version a half-dozen times at the local bowling alley. The only other time I've seen the arcade game was on the television show Starcade.

    Played it on my Commodore 64. That little computer had a knockoff version of just about every arcade game of the time. It was my NES of the '80s.
    Last edited by gamevet; 15 Apr 2014 at 08:52 AM.




  9. Zookeeper, Taito, Arcade, 1982

    I absolutely love this game to death. This still gets mentioned whenever someone asks me to list my favorite games. Came across it at a local skating rink sometime during the early-to-mid 80's, and was mesmerized. It starts out easy, but by the later levels everything became absolute chaos. Becomes very much a twitch-reflex game. It has what still is one of the best risk/reward systems in its scoring to this day. I hoped beyond hope that this would get a port to a console. Days turned to months, months turned to years, years turned to decades. When MAME gained emulation of this during the early 2000's, I was ecstatic. When it was finally ported to consoles as part of the Taito Arcade Classics for PS2, it was even better (although the sound emulation was wonky).

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    The only game that comes close to that description is Crazy Climber.
    Crazy Climber wasn't on Colecovision but Squish 'em Sam is similar. The window comment also makes me think of Frantic Freddie.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Games.com logo