Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Games of the Pre-Crash and Crash Eras

Best Games of the Pre-Crash and Crash Eras

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Joe View Post
    I think that Montezuma's Revenge is the best pre NES game of all time. It's so God damn good.
    That post regarding the Atari 5200 in the Haul thread triggered a desire to start a larger discussion.

What do you consider the best pre-NES game?

What are your other must-plays?

My initial reaction to the first question will surprise no one:

The one GameCube disc I know I will never get rid of is the Rebel Strike preview with that on it.

In terms of console stuff, my memory is unfortunately fading on a lot of the 2600 games I played as a youngster, but these were a couple I played a lot:

This was all pre-rental, so, like most kids, if my friends didn't have it, and my parents didn't buy it, I didn't play it.

edit: I'll add a reply with Apple II stuff once I get a chance to look up dates.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 14 Apr 2014 at 12:59 PM.

2. Pinball.

3. My favorite pre nes game?
    Intellivision Demon Attack.
    Bear in mind that outside of some Atari 2600 arcade ports, my only brush with pre crash stuff was my brother's intellivision.
    I got into that stuff long after I could really appreciate it.
    If I had a C64 at the time, I imagine Alternate Reality:the city would have been my favorite thing ever,

Do atari xe/xl games count? They were all pretty good

5. For me? I VAGUELY remember my parents owning some computer that had Goonies and an Incredible Hulk text adventure game. I liked those.

But the one I remember more was the Atari 5200, and remembering that I would play/watch my dad play Miner 2049er, while my mom would play Donkey Kong. Then I remember me and my brother playing Popeye a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

As promised, these were my favorite Apple II games (that and the 2600 were it for my home gaming prior to the NES):

I also played the hell out of Mean 18, Hardball, 4th and Inches, and Epyx Summer Games, but no one here wants to hear about old sports games.

This platform was even tougher to find good games. It really was based mostly on looking at the back of the box and Babbage's, as I didn't know anyone else with an Apple II at the time. I had one of the gold box D&D games as well, but it frustrated the living shit out of me at the time.

7. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    Pinball.
    Ding Ding Ding.

Videogames were a fucking mess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

8. If we're counting the arcade then Star Wars is my fav, hands down.

My only console back then was a 2600 and on that the only ones I can still play today and actually have fun with are Cosmic Ark, Berzerk, & Empire Strikes Back. Although I'll admit that nostalgia plays a huge factor in that since those were my favs growing up.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

9. Best pre-NES game was probably Gyruss