Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 234568 ... LastLast

Thread: Fargo

1. This and Bates Motel?

Hannibal?

2. Hannibal. My bad. Haven't given Bates a shot yet.
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

3. How is Bates?

4. I'd give it a C. There were equal amounts of good and dumb. I'd say it's on par with a USA show. There might be something about it to hook you even though you know it's not that great.

I agree with that. I like it enough to keep watching but there's nothing spectacular about it. I think Norma's the best part. She's always freaking out or on the verge of it.

6. Show of the year.
    I realize it's sort of left open, but leave it be.
    There are just too many ways for something like this to go wrong. Lightning struck once. Don't press your luck.

7. Really was a fantastic show. Every actor was perfect in their role. Billy Bob needs an Emmy.

As open ended as it was, the creator had said in the past that if there's going to be a second season it wouldn't have any characters from the first. Which is good.
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

8. This turned out better than I hoped it would. Great from start to finish.

9. FX has ordered a second season and here are the first details:

Producer Noah Hawley and Warren Littlefield have confirmed the new season will be based on an incident in Sioux Falls in 1979 referenced to in the first season episode "A Fox, a Rabbit, and a Cabbage". Said incident involved Lou Solverson (Keith Carradine), the now elderly father of Molly (Allison Tolman).

With the new season to be set in 1979, we'll follow a 33-year-old Lou who has recently returned from Vietnam. The producers confirm we'll meet Molly's mother and we may learn what happened to her.

Lou will be the only returning character and he will be recast with a younger man for the story which will take place across Fargo, Sioux Falls and Luverne in Minnesota. Filming is slated to run from January through May ahead of a likely Fall 2015 premiere.

Hawley adds that the tone will be inspired by slightly different Coen Brothers' sensibilities for the second season: "If the first season, the three [influences] were Fargo, No Country Old Men and A Serious Man, this year we are in Fargo, Miller's Crossing and The Man Who Wasn't There."

10. I did not know that there was an Edie Falco Fargo TV movie.
    Anyone ever see it?