Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4678910 LastLast

Thread: Fargo

1. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    I hope Season 2 is better than 1. If the Cohen Bros. movies are Empire Strikes Back, Fargo the TV Show is Return of the Jedi. It's fantastic to go back to the universe and see renditions of the same characters, and pieces of Anton Chigurh and the bathroom shootout from Blood Simple, but it lacks the pacing and subtleness of Fargo and No Country. It starts off that way but the ridiculousness of episode six and the rushed ending to multiple stories just felt off, plus the killer was too sloppy with too many killings and so the heroes suffer from Halloween, where you ask youself "How many times are they going to let the killer get away??"

3/5 I guess.
    This is how I felt, as well.

Season 2 is much better, in part because it better carves its own identity, and doesn't invite direct comparisons to the movie in the way the first season did.

2. I wasn't impressed with season 1 at all. BBT was good at the beginning, but everything just fizzled out.

3. Season 3 starts tonight!

4. Been waiting for season 3 for a while now, but still trying to decide if I want to wait till the season finishes it's run so I can binge watch it via iTunes. I did that with seasons 1 and 2 and enjoyed them so much I'm not sure I want to have to wait a week or more between episodes.
    Last edited by ElCapichan; 19 Apr 2017 at 05:07 PM.

5. I started S2 by watching it week to week. About halfway through I kinda lost interest. Binged the entire thing a week or so ago and was glad I went back to it. Looking forward to the new season. Solid frickin' cast.

6. S2 was fantastic. Hopefully this continues the trend.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

7. I liked the premiere a lot! David Thewlis as Varga is a super creep! Off to a strong start with 2 deaths and I like the introduction of Emmit and Ray Stussy. Mary Elizabeth Winstead as Nikki is super hot too.

Anyone notice the weird light bloom in some scenes? It seems like an intentional highlight/exaggeration from light sources like TVs.

8. I really liked the opening shot. "What kind of weird sci-fi detour is this? Are we in the UFO from last season? Oh nm, it's the inside of a microphone. Oh well, still looked pretty cool."

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

9. Did anyone else finish season 3?

How about that ending?

huh? I don't know if I "get" it.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

10. Did the clock actually change? I thought they were just leaving it unresolved.