Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Great Ace Attorney (3DS)

The Great Ace Attorney (3DS)

Quote Originally Posted by Eurogamer
    If you thought the Ace Attorney series got crazy when Phoenix Wright joined forces with supernatural sleuth Herschel "Professor" Layton, you ain't seen nothing yet, as franchise creator Shu Takumi is radically changing the lawyer sim with its next installment set in Japan's Meiji period (1868-1912).

According to some leaked Famitsu scans (translated via Siliconera), the game's Japanese title is Dai Gyakuten Saiban, which roughly translates to The Great Ace Attorney. The game will star Phoenix Wright's ancestor Ryunosuke Naruhodo (Naruhodo Wright's Japanese surname). Cutting a striking figure in a historical school uniform with a katana sheathed on his hip, the caption next to him apparently reads "I'll become a lawyer... definitely!"

The Great Ace Attorney is slated for release on 3DS. Once again Takumi will return to the director's chair, while E.X. Troopers and Monster Hunter's Shintaro Kojima will be operating as producer.
    Link

This strikes me as at risk of not being translated, not unlike Sega's Yakuza-esque period pieces.

Meiji-era LA...
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

3. Let's go out for burgers, Nick

4. Maybe they'll make it eShop only again so I can FUCKING IGNORE IT.

This is relevant to my interests.

7. jp site is up: http://www.capcom.co.jp/dai-gyakuten/

The two on the left are Sherlock Holmes and Watson

........... Imouto-chan PhD

scans from Tiny Cartridge (who probably got them from somewhere else)

Not Phoenix Wright's Ancestor goes to London and hangs out with Sherlock, i guess. Sometimes he gets crazy and you have to shoot his foolishness down (i guess kind of like shooting Edgeworth's LIES down). i'm really looking forward to this but i really don't trust Capcom to localize it................

augh the detail on those clothes though. it's so beautiful. it's nice to see actual clothing design in a game when it's not Nomura and his awful garbage
    Donk

This obviously takes place in turn-of-the-century Los Angeles.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

9. Hamburgers, my dear Watson
    Donk

10. Who's the new chick sidekick?