Page 1 of 23 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: This Month's Haul - May 2014

1. This Month's Haul - May 2014

Yoshi is so damn dumb, amirite?

You couldn't even let me make the thread. Anyway...

Armored Hunter Gunhound EX (PC) - $10.04 through Playsim, thanks to Tain's tip. It's a bit of a blind buy, but it has pedigree and the fact that it probably won't be the worst $10 game I've bought this week on its side.

Damn, Chux is salty today.

I'm comfortable admitting that I'm a big enough nerd that describing a pencil as amazing doesn't seem unreasonable. I used the same one from my senior year in high school all the way through college, which was one hell of a lot of math classes.

Still pencil.

6. What's that mean? I draw with mechanical pencils, and rapidly blunt the point with the softer graphite, which causes some inconsistently in the linework unless I'm constantly using a tiny sharpener, interrupting the flow.

I will investigate these auto-rotating models, seems like they could great. I wonder if you'd have to untrain yourself a bit from intuitively compensating for how the graphite conventionally deforms/shapes (ARBM?)

7. E-readers still kind of suck, so Pencil perseveres.

8. Darkstalkers Resurrection (PS3).

What a great port! Iron Galaxy gave it a lot of love. The front-end is a lot more developed than the one for Third Strike Online, and the "Challenges" are more like an extended tutorial this time around (with examples!)

Shame it didn't do well enough to warrant bringing the franchise back, but I'm not sure who it would be for if they did. Extremely technical 2D fighter (moreso than SF) with a ton of goofy stuff going on; seems like they'd just piss off their main audience while doing 4x the work to put it on screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

9. Quote Originally Posted by FuryFox View Post
    What's that mean? I draw with mechanical pencils, and rapidly blunt the point with the softer graphite, which causes some inconsistently in the linework unless I'm constantly using a tiny sharpener, interrupting the flow.

I will investigate these auto-rotating models, seems like they could great. I wonder if you'd have to untrain yourself a bit from intuitively compensating for how the graphite conventionally deforms/shapes (ARBM?)
    You really don't have to make any special adjustments. The lines stay even as long as you're using it at a slight angle and not perpendicular to the paper like a kid using a crayon.

It's pretty rad. The lines are sharp. Feels like you're using thinner a graphite than .5mm, but the tip doesn't break like it can with thinner pencils.

Bottom line was written with a cheap Bic .5mm. Top was written with the Kuru Toga:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1398964588380.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	22.6 KB 
ID:	74089