Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: Bloodborne (PS4)

1. I'd be perfectly happy if they eliminated the forced PvP, or at least let you opt out. It's the one aspect of the Souls series that I simply hate.

2. It's fairly uncommon and doesn't have a huge negative effect on you if you lose. It adds additional challenge in much stronger random enemies. I really don't see how it is possible to hate on the souls pvp
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

3. I just think it's something that shouldn't be forced on everyone. I can understand the bell towers in DS2, since that's part of a covenant, but the random phantom invasions do nothing for the person invaded. Yeah, you get something if you win, but you shouldn't be forced to stop your game and waste time and resources fighting against somebody whose sole reason for being there is to fuck up your game. Keep the option if you want, just let me turn it off.

4. Part of what makes it all so great is the fact that it's forced on everyone. Wouldn't be the same any other way.

5. This looks great, I will get a PS4 when this hits.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    I'd be perfectly happy if they eliminated the forced PvP, or at least let you opt out.
    They do let you opt out, you can play offline. Or in the case of DS2, you can play online and burn Effigies at the bonfires and use other items to almost ensure you don't get invaded.

7. I haven't done that! I've used my effigies for boss battles only (for summons). That's fair then.

Just a quick note and not to derail the thread, I've seen summons for phantoms, shades, and some dudes made of stone. Are they all for help or to fight?

8. Red signs and dragon eyes are the PvP summons.

9. I kind of figured as much, which is why I avoided them, lol.

Back on topic, this might be the game that makes me get a PSIV. I just haven't seen anything yet that visually screams "NEXT GEN!" to me, so a good exclusive might be all I can expect for now. If it has to be that way, I'm glad its a From Software game.

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    get a PSIV
    Phreudian slip